Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
That can't be a real pic? The exposure must be through the roof! Looks terrible!:apple:

Yeah, I'm sure with the multiple returns from many of these people, somebody will probably post a few pics spoofing the screen's display pretty much making fun of this entire thread.

mrwonkers

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2004
Cyberia
Week 15 DY panel pretty happy.

IMG_0944.JPG

dekoder

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2012
That can't be a real pic? The exposure must be through the roof! Looks terrible!:apple:

It is real of course. This pic was taken by my digital camera at night in my room with light off.

I was using pure black pic in the iPad to test the back-light bleed.

----------

Week 15 DY panel pretty happy.

View attachment 338664

Did you use flash or white color pic? Because in order to test back-light bleed, you need to have black color pic.

mrwonkers

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2004
Cyberia
Did you use flash or white color pic? Because in order to test back-light bleed, you need to have black color pic.

I wasn't testing for backlight bleed with this picture, it is a white background and I was looking for pink or green or yellow color shifts. I have tested my iPad for backlight bleed with a black test image and it has little if none present.

dekoder

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2012
I wasn't testing for backlight bleed with this picture, it is a white background and I was looking for pink or green or yellow color shifts. I have tested my iPad for backlight bleed with a black test image and it has little if none present.

I wish my next one is like yours.:cool:

christof72

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2007
Mine is a DY week 14. Brightness was at around 80%, white image.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Has anyone proved this does anything other than show where your iPad came from? Really curious! Also, chicken breast is on sale at Kroger's.

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
My screen is 100% perfect. No tinge, no dust, no darkness! First one!

Serial number: DYxxxxxxx
Name: iPad 3
Model Number: MD328
Group1: iPad
Group2: WiFi
Generation: 3
Machine Model: iPad3,1
Model introduced: 2012
Production year: 2012
Production week: 17 (April)
introduced test: GOED
CPU speed: 1.0GHz
Family name: Become a pro user to see this information. (sorry)
Screen size: 9 inch
Screen resolution: 2048x1536 pixels
Colour: White
Capacity: 16GB
Factory: DY Please tell us where this machine is manufactured.

Last edited:

mzjin

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2011
My screen is 100% perfect. No tinge, no dust, no darkness! First one!

Serial number: DYTHL
Name: iPad 3
Model Number: MD328
Group1: iPad
Group2: WiFi
Generation: 3
Machine Model: iPad3,1
Model introduced: 2012
Production year: 2012
Production week: 17 (April)
introduced test: GOED
CPU speed: 1.0GHz
Family name: Become a pro user to see this information. (sorry)
Screen size: 9 inch
Screen resolution: 2048x1536 pixels
Colour: White
Capacity: 16GB
Factory: DY Please tell us where this machine is manufactured.

Try taking a picture of it with the keyboard split in both landscape mode and portrait mode. You might find that your grey keys are not so identical from one end of the keyboard to the other.

Last edited:

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
Today I went to the Apple Store to get my new iPad, I drove 2 hours so I could inspect before leaving. The first one he brought out was a DY, and I left the store with that one. Great screen!

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
I gave up after 12 bad screens but I'm tempted to try again if my a local store has a DY. Seems like it's still a gamble though.

gertruded

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
Northwestern Illinois
I picked up a 16GB Black one DY (week 16) last week from Walmart in Northwest Illinois. Perfect screen.

We are about 100 miles from the nearest Apple Store.

But again, where is the DY factory?????

rz-jacks

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2012
West Lafayette IN
I tried again and got a DY and the screen was even but it had bad ligh bleed, it was even noticeable in a lighted room. Changed it for a DM week 17 an it's pretty good aside from having some light leaking from the bezel. So yeah it's still a gamble.

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
Why????? You say you are very happy with your iPad and it's 100% perfect, don't let someone else convince you otherwise just because they have a problem with theirs..

Honestly, I checked and its perfect. I am not going to be bothered by some guy online who has gone through 9 ipads. (No Offense) I am really happy with mine and its not going anywhere.

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Why????? You say you are very happy with your iPad and it's 100% perfect, don't let someone else convince you otherwise just because they have a problem with theirs..

I don't understand either.

update: I just looked up 1 post lol.

anjum

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2012
where in india did u buy ur ipad...name and add of the shop pls.

Bought a DY serial no. 64GB Wifi in India on 27th Apr launch here and it had significant pink & blue tint which was very much evident on the white screen (especially on the bottom left corner).

This was the only piece available in the shop (even in the morning of the launch date) and it proves that the defects are not serial no. bound but mostly due to bad QC.

Just gave it for replacement. If not best, hope to get at least an average one with least pinkish/bluish tint.

where in india did u buy ur ipad...name and add of the shop pls..

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007

I don't want to make them unhappy with theirs. I want to see positive signals that the panels are getting better and that it's getting safer for me to buy one.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
People here, who have really done some research and homework on the New iPad Units starting with "DY" "DM" "DL" etc...I ask all you guys to take a guess on this even if a wild guess, but take a guess on this and tell me what do you guys think. I am in India I am keen on buying a DY' unit only. There have been also "DM Units now started floating in the Indian Market. I am planning to buy it around 15th September i.e next month and I am hoping to get a August-2012 Batch "DY" Unit. So far I have seen a July-2012 "DY" unit in the market that makes me think that if there is a July-DY unit in market there should be a August-DY unit also in market at some point of time. isn't it ? What makes me nervous is what if I set out to buy and Apple has stopped production from "DY" units or renamed "DY" for say "ZX" how the hell am I gonna know it ?

Inshort my question is if there is a July-DY unit that I have seen in the market does that also mean looking at the trend that there will be also a August-DY unit in the market no reason for it to be not to there ? isn't it ? On a 15th August- I could see a July-DY that means by a Sept-15th I should be also to see a August-DY ? isn't it ? any guesses :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.