Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
Is there any program out there, free or paid, that allows you to Airplay mirror from your Apple TV to your Windows 7 based PC? I'd like to do this, and I know of a few companies/company that designed this for Mac OSX, but that doesn't help me on my main desktop.

Thanks.

xplora

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Do you mean from iOS device to Windows 7 (i.e. like Reflection and AirServer do on Mac OS X) instead of to Apple TV? If so, there isn't anything that I am aware of yet (I'm looking myself), the closest and best that at least supports minimal Airplay (without mirroring) is XBMC 11.

macrazee

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2009
There's an abandoned AirPlayer that works on Windows but is kind of flaky and unreliable. Also there is a plug-in for Windows Media Center though I never had much luck with it, either.

Markdek

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012
Airserver has been updated to run on the PC; it's beta now, but updates are coming (they say).

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
No, I want to access my desktop PC (upstairs) on my downstairs TV which is connected to AppleTV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.