Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iNorway

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2012
Finally

Yeah i hope this is legitimate one.... waiting for so long..... at least some hope for may release:)

Whargoul

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2012
Denver
They need to release this week. Ivy bridge has been out for weeks and competitors have already released many products with it.

sudoubuntu

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2012
Detroit, MI
just made short clip and uploaded to youtube...would be nice if you guys share and let other Apple fan know about this leak Thanks:D
http://youtu.be/saCeVbYkc90

----------

Nothing has changed on Apple site yet.. just fluke leaked by Apple staff?

One thing about your video, I VERY HIGHLY doubt that the 3770 is the base processor. Chances are it's the upgrade. I'm betting the default processor will be the 3570, so that an upgrade is actually possible.

4GB of ram is sufficient for must users, though it's cheap to upgrade to 8GB-16GB using aftermarket RAM. I know I plan on upgrading to 16GB, myself. My main concern is the video card, now.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
just made short clip and uploaded to youtube...would be nice if you guys share and let other Apple fan know about this leak Thanks:D
http://youtu.be/saCeVbYkc90

----------

Nothing has changed on Apple site yet.. just fluke leaked by Apple staff?

I meant the WinTel Ivy Bridge systems have been released but I don't think any have shipped yet.

When Apple announces they usually ship same day or within a week.

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
nice post, nice find

yes the 3770 would likely be an upgraded cpu BTO, nice to see something, jeez its been weeks, months of nothing.

i know this doesn't mean much if anything for release but i think it will be a silent upgrade, no mega rumors or leaks since its so close + no major re design or retina. I think it could be this week, if not i also think we will see some iMac and or Mac related blogs posts this week since its been dead time for so long.

getting there, almost

wonder why it ran 10.08 must be a dev preview

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Thank you for finding this. Even if it's fake, it makes a nice change to not have news about iPhone 5 headphone jack and smaller dock connector parts on all of the Apple rumour sites just for one day. A different headphone jack? Whoopee-doo.

macpants

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
UK
Fake?

It's most unlikely that Geekbench would post a FAKE result on the site. They are a well respected site, often used by the industry, to gather technical information.

The information is on there right now for everyone to take a look at:

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/657744

I doubt very much it's fake.

Roll on the new iMac. Hopefully very very soon.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
It's most unlikely that Geekbench would post a FAKE result on the site. They are a well respected site, often used by the industry, to gather technical information.

No. The results that the original post links to are uploaded by geekbench users. So it does not matter whether Geekbench is a well-respected site or not. The price of pears has nothing to do with the oranges. It is user-generated content. But, having said that, the information came from a computer that exists. Whilst it's possible to spoof that stuff, if you really know what you're doing, it's not trivial and there is precedent for these leaks in previous refreshes. Geekbench do not alter the results though just for xxxs and giggles.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008

You can build a hackintosh, emulate a mac id and upload your Geekbench results, just as any other user.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Really?

I think it's funny all those so called "leaks" are most likely orchestrated by a department at Apple.

Most likely. Free advertising and marketing. Nice way to get people going crazy and have us ready to order. Of course, it could just be employees benchmarking and someone just happens to find it. Either way, it probably means new iMacs very soon. :D

Nandifix

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
Just a quick question what do you think the base model processor will be? The 3570? The old base model scores around 7000 on geekbench

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.