Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
California
When I dock my computer in my car, it shows "Accessory Connected" whenever I try to use any music player. As a result, the only way to navigate my playlists, artists, etc., is through my car's audio controls....which isn't the fancy touch screen kind, so it's really tedious and unsafe.

Is there anyway to bypass that "Accessory Connected" screen? I can't even use Siri to play music while my iPhone is docked. Thanks for any help.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
I have the same problem in my lincoln, when i plug the ipod in the usb port i can't control the music from the ipod, i have to control it with the screen of the car's radio or the button on the steering wheel... but when i do it via Bluetooth i can control the music from the ipod touch!

sozekizer

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2007
Your stereo should have an option to control the iPod/iPhone behavior. I have a JVC that you only see the options when my iPhone is connected.

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
California
Your stereo should have an option to control the iPod/iPhone behavior. I have a JVC that you only see the options when my iPhone is connected.

It does, but it's really inconvenient. It's a essentially a single knob with a single face button. It's VERY tedious, especially if you're trying to navigate through albums. And I would love to use Siri to play a playlist easily instead of turning the knob several times, but my car stereo interferes with this. FWIW, I have a 2011 Honda Civic with the iPod/iPhone integration.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
BMW has the same problem, with a horrific interface to boot.

So far as I know it can't be circumvented unless the car system has a way to disable it. Which I suppose it can only do by not connecting through USB but using the line output in the dock connector, so in that case it can't work if your system is the kind where you plug in through USB.

xxredneck18xx

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2012
my sony xplod(old model) in the truck does the same thing i use bluetooth or the remote when i am charging the phone

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
my sony xplod(old model) in the truck does the same thing i use bluetooth or the remote when i am charging the phone

Not sure if your phone is jailbroken or not (OP) but there are a few tweaks that disable that lock screen, it's real handy. One of the only real reasons I jailbreak still.

Otherwise, I don't think it's possible.

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
California
Not sure if your phone is jailbroken or not (OP) but there are a few tweaks that disable that lock screen, it's real handy. One of the only real reasons I jailbreak still.

Good to know! I have a 4S with 5.1.1, so no jailbreak. I'll definitely look into this, though. Thanks!

starbai

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2009

anyway you could list a few titles in cydia (or otherwise) that will do this?

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Your stereo should have an option to control the iPod/iPhone behavior.
Not all do -- depends on the interface. Some only allow control through the interface and not via the device itself. Some are switchable.

Best bet for the OP is to use an aux input or bluetooth, if available.

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
anyway you could list a few titles in cydia (or otherwise) that will do this?

The one that I used always as NoAccessorySplash or NoAccSplash (can't remember exact name) and it worked like a charm and haven't need anything else. Unfortunately I do not know if it works for iOS 6 or whatnot because I bought a new car and no longer needed it.

Using bluetooth or aux in is one solution, but for many people, they may have aftermarket headunits (such as kenwood, alpine, etc) with an iPod plug. The plug provides better music quality (over aux or bluetooth) and charging in one. Tolerating the mostly sub-par interface is one option for many, but trying to find a better solution is another for others (such as the people on this forum).

To me, there is no better interface than having the option to use your headunit's interface or the iPod/iPhone interface itself, while providing the highest quality music (AUX or Bluetooth degrades music quality) and charging capabilities with no feedback.

Sam1988leigh

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2013
I have a Sony xplod that I have had for a couple years now and recently had to have my battery replaced in my car, causing my stereo to reset... And putting it back to that stupid annoying "accessory connected" BS when my iPod was plugged in through the USB port. This drove me crazy for 2 days because I was able to control it right on my iPod before... ANYWAY... I have no idea why this worked but what I did to be able to control from my iPod again was:

-plug your ipod in through the USB cord, put the stereo in USB mode, then press and hold the "mode" button on the little remote that came with the stereo, until it beeps. Then you can magically control straight from your iPod.

I have no idea why this worked, but it did for me... I hope this helps somebody!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.