Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
I took a photo and want to upload it to Facebook... except that it is upside down and I don't see how I can rotate it! Grrrr!

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
There's no direct way to do this. But what you could do is put that picture in full screen, rotate the phone so it's upside down and take a snapshot of the screen.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
I just discovered that Facebook lets me rotate photos (if I access the site through Safari, not the Facebook app)!

salimdao

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
Anaheim, CA
view the photo in the Photos app on your iPhone in full screen. turn your phone upside down. the photo will follow and then take a snapshot (press the home and sleep/wake button)

tuntus

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2010
Photoshop

Best and easiest way-- Download Photoshop Express as a free App. It allows you to rotate your picture. Then you can save to your own photo library or directly upload to facebook. Cheers.

BobMiller

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
Reason

Most of all "since then" the iPhone 4S allows to take pictures with the side volume button, which is why millions of users end up with hundreds of upside down pictures

Hence the solution to batch rotate iphone upside down photos

Last edited:

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Most of all "since then" the iPhone 4S allows to take pictures with the side volume button, which is why millions of users end up with hundreds of upside down pictures

Hence the solution to batch rotate iphone upside down photos

That doesn't make any sense. I always use the volume button when taking pictures in landscape on my 4S and I've never had that problem. The iPhone self-rotates, using the volume button as the shutter release was done on purpose. If all photos taken with that button came out upside-down, then half of the photos on Facebook would be upside-down. And besides, if you are uploading pictures on FB that you know are upside-down on your screen, then you're a moron for not paying attention to the pictures you are posting on the internet. Not to mention, it takes 2 seconds to rotate any picture on your iPhone now that iOS has built-in photo editing.

I'm done feeding this troll.

Daruntim

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
I took a photo and want to upload it to Facebook... except that it is upside down and I don't see how I can rotate it! Grrrr!

Today i don't see any problem!
You can get Iphoto that offers you general features including rotation. Or you can download any free Photo- edit app!:rolleyes:

myurkus

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2012
I'm sorry to slightly bump this, but this thread keeps popping up in my searches, and there is a much easier and free solution with iOS 5:

1. Open Photos app (the standard iPhone app (iPhoto NOT necessary!))
  2. Select your Photo
  3. Hit "edit" (at the top-right)
  4. Hit Rotate (at the bottom-left)
  5. Save! (that's it!)

Also, here is another trick that worked for many previous versions of iOS:

When looking at a photo in the Photos app, sometimes it is 90 degrees off (on its side) and when you go to rotate the phone to see it, the darn picture rotates with the phone!

However, you can get by this! Simply hold a finger on the photo as you rotate your phone. As long as your finger stays on the photo, it will not rotate along with the phone! (This also works for videos and for upside-down photos!)

Hope this helps,
MikeY

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Mikey, thanks for the tips! Didn't realize that Photos on the iPhone could do that--or the trick about keeping the finger on the photo.

A big help--and it shows that it's worthwhile keeping old threads alive!

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
people bitch when others use the search function ............... and also bitch when they don't

sheesh :rolleyes:

tort11

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2012
1.Open the photos app
2.Tap the photo you wish to rotate
3.Tap Edit
4.Tap the rotate button on the bottom left. It looks like an upward arrow curving to the left.
5.This will rotate the photo 90 degrees to left (or counterclockwise). Tap it as many times as you need achieve the desired rotation.
6.Tap Save.

kerry2

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2013
Revolve Background Images in Facebook

How does one revolve (change) background image in Facebook say every few minutes. Is this possible. Is there a free app or program to do it? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.