Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tommyprevatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
So, I want to install the latest AMD Drivers for my 6770m graphics. The thing is, one time I followed the instructions to do that and it actually hurt my graphics performance. What I did was followed someones instructions to install an earlier driver and then install the latest driver. It actually took games that were running at 30 FPS down to 4 or 5 FPS. I had to load a system restore point.

Has anyone had luck installing the AMD drivers on their late 2011 15 in Macbook Pro? If so, how did you do it? Which driver version numbers are you using? My specific model is MD322LL/A.

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
Same issue here -- has anyone located any updated ATI/AMD drivers we can install under Windows 7 x64 for the 6770M chipset?

Zoidberg79

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2012
Gold Coast, Australia
6770m Drivers

I too would love to update the drivers in my mid 2011 iMac and my wifes late 2011 Macbook pro.

I cannot find any drivers for either the 6770m or the 6970m.:mad:

Help me obi wan kenobi.........

tommyprevatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Actually, so far it seems to work. The games I've tested run great. Probably even slightly better than before.

Thanks weemanpow3!

Bevi-PubCom

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
New beta drivers for Win7/Win8 Bootcamp

AMD released new beta drivers for Win7/Win8 at:
(32-bit Windows) and http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx
(64-bit Windows) http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx
The beta versions are at the bottom of the webpage, so scroll down for them.

I had a driver problem that wouldn't let my MBP see an external monitor when running Windows/Bootcamp. The system acted as if the monitor was there, but it was blank, no image.
I downloaded and installed several AMD drivers but nothing would kick-start the monitor until I installed the beta drivers above.
Works like a charm. I don't game, but I am a professional Photoshop user who works on hungeous files for government and corporate clients. No slowdown noticed, no color or resolution problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.