Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
I've had my Apple bluetooth keyboard for over a year now, but two days ago I started having some problems with it.
Whenever I turn it on, the green light is on for like a second and then it's off, but nothing happens after that (it's supposed to blink a couple times before it connects). I tried changing batteries and everything I could think of, but haven't figured out a way to get it to work again.
Suggestions?

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Quite possibly the Bluetooth sync on the computer may have become corrupted. If you delete the Bluetooth connection for the device and resync it, then it may work. This has happened to me a few times in the past.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Quite possibly the Bluetooth sync on the computer may have become corrupted. If you delete the Bluetooth connection for the device and resync it, then it may work. This has happened to me a few times in the past.

Thanks, I tried that a couple times. The problem seems to be that the keyboard doesn't really turn itself on, so it can't connect at all.

jfloyer

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012
Keyboard dies after 3 seconds

I am reawakening this thread as I have just started having the problem: after installing a new set of batteries the green light comes on for a few seconds after pressing the power button and then turns off again. I have tried with various sets new of batteries, so that is not the issue.
Has anyone found a solution to this?
Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.