Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imalazeeass

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
I love mine too. It helps me push further in my workouts, running etc.

I've had it 10 days now and my results are in the pictures below.

I've synced mine the day after and haven't had any issues, it seems to remember. Your situation sounds odd. Did you check that your Nike app was on the right day? View attachment 337222

View attachment 337224

Yeah, I checked the activity and it just shows up as 0 for my 2nd day. I will wait until tonight and see what happens. When I sync it w/ my phone throughout the day, I see it working as the fuel points move on my phone. Hopefully I won't lose all my data again tonight or I'm going to return this.

newbiemacguy128

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
How does this differ than Nike+ or Nike+ GPS?

Let me rephrase that. I use Nike+ on the treadmill and Nike+ GPS outdoors. What does the band do differently?

Nike+ and Nike+GPS just tracks your runs. The Nike Fuel Band tracks your overall daily activity as "Fuel Points". Basically, I set my goal (for me, 3,400) and do whatever it takes to reach that goal every day. Everything I do counts towards that goal. Walking the dogs, planting a tree, raking leaves etc. My goal usually requires me jog 20mins or walk 1hour every day to reach it. Something about those colored LED lights motivates me...

dpreuss

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2010
The wife and I both got ours yesterday. We're both having a problem with the "Friends" portion as it's not able to load them. We've both added our Facebook accounts however we always get the error "We had trouble connecting with your friend list. Pull down to refresh and try again."

Anyone else have any insight to get past that?

aerojb

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
KC
I have a little sizing info that might help. When I wrapped the sizing guide around my wrist, I was very much into the Large section so I ordered a Large. My band showed up yesterday and I wore it all evening after removing the 8mm insert link (so no links attached). It was still a little big and moved up and down on my wrist about 1.5". I've sent it back to exchange for a Medium. I'm sure the small area of room it had to move wouldn't affect results all that much, but I would rather have a snug fit, more like a watch band.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 112

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
Just received my fuelband yesterday. Just wondering, how tight should the fuelband be when it's on your wrist?

Using the sizing guide, I was at the small and medium borderline, so I ended up ordering the medium. I tried to wear the medium without any links, and feels just a bit tighter than I'd like, so I put on the 8mm link. With the 8mm link, now it seems a bit loose.

How tight should the band be around your wrist? :confused:

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Just received my fuelband yesterday. Just wondering, how tight should the fuelband be when it's on your wrist?

Using the sizing guide, I was at the small and medium borderline, so I ended up ordering the medium. I tried to wear the medium without any links, and feels just a bit tighter than I'd like, so I put on the 8mm link. With the 8mm link, now it seems a bit loose.

Its honestly up to you and your comfort level. When I had the medium (no links) on and held my arm up, the band would drop about 1.5-2 inches down and everytime I moved my arm i would actually feel it slide around and would just get annoying because it moved so much when working out and running. I exchanged it for a small and the small (with the largest link on) does not move at all down my arm when i lift my arm up. Its comfortable and snug but it doesnt cut off any circulation so i rarely notice its there as it feels like a watch is on.

imalazeeass

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
Just to respond to my own issues earlier - going through a factory reset seemed to fix the issue with syncing and missing data.

gameboy213

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Nike said on Twitter that it should be snug. I keep mine relatively snug and it works well.

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
My Wife really seems to like hers...though I'm not completely convinced. It's pretty neat though, I'll admit that. Maybe I'll take the plunge eventually..

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
I'm sending mine back. I was definitely happy with how it works, and after a week of using it, it is beyond accurate "enough". But it's a glorified pedometer.

For $150 we really should be getting a GPS enabled device with a full time watch face and possibly more interaction between the iPhone and it. Heck, make it a streaming music player with a headphone jack.

The Nike+ FuelBand works very well, but it's simply not worth $150.

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
I'm sending mine back. I was definitely happy with how it works, and after a week of using it, it is beyond accurate "enough". But it's a glorified pedometer.

For $150 we really should be getting a GPS enabled device with a full time watch face and possibly more interaction between the iPhone and it. Heck, make it a streaming music player with a headphone jack.

The Nike+ FuelBand works very well, but it's simply not worth $150.

Agree wholeheartedly

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
I have a little sizing info that might help. When I wrapped the sizing guide around my wrist, I was very much into the Large section so I ordered a Large. My band showed up yesterday and I wore it all evening after removing the 8mm insert link (so no links attached). It was still a little big and moved up and down on my wrist about 1.5". I've sent it back to exchange for a Medium. I'm sure the small area of room it had to move wouldn't affect results all that much, but I would rather have a snug fit, more like a watch band.

this helped a lot!... please keep me posted once you get the medium and let me know how that ends up fitting... few posts above i attached the pic of my wrist with the sizing guide...and from what you posted, it seems like i may need a medium.

Let me know how it fits once you get your medium if you can :)

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Trying to wait till I find one on Craigslist for the low before I jump the gun. Prices are coming down slowly, but surely on CL.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
http://www.getpebble.com/

This is what the Nike+ FuelBand should have been.

I've seen this before...
First of all, this watch is not due out until September if no set backs happen. Even then, I would not "buy" a product before it is even released or reviewed. Next, you need your phone with you or close Bluetooth range when exercising in order to use GPS for running, cycling, etc. This is ridiculous. As a runner, you want to be lightweight as possible. Not the same product really. Fuel band is for fitness. This is geared more as an accessory for your mobile phone.

panda moninum

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2012
I havent got one of these yet, but they do look really great. I'm really into my fitness (running mainly) and i believe this will be really useful to me. Especially for keeping me motiviated when i feel like i've done enough lol

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Does anyone have a solution to typing with the Fuelband on? I hate it rubbing on my MacBook. This alone is making me think I should go back to the FitBit. But I hate that the FitBit uses that stupid base station to sync.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Any other reviews from people who have been using it for a while? Mine should be arriving today.

I liked it, it worked well for me. I can't really say if it was perfectly accurate or not. But for what I wanted it worked. I returned mine and went with the Fitbit instead. Mostly because of size and being able to wear it on a belt or pocket instead of my wrist. I hated the Fuelband because I work on my Macbook all day and it kept hitting the palm rest and it was really annoying.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Any other reviews from people who have been using it for a while? Mine should be arriving today.

I used mine for a week then returned it. Nothing wrong with it, but I don't think I'm the kind of person it is intended for. I'm a runner and exercise very regularly. So I don't really need the extra motivation. None of my friends have it so couldn't really compete with anyone or cheer anyone on. I found the pedometer really inaccurate. Didn't really do any formal test but woke up at 9am one morning and just lounged around for an hour, by 10:00 I supposedly walked 400+ steps, impossible. It is also very easy to reach the 2000 goal, almost too easy. Obviously you can make your goal higher. To me it was really just a cool watch. Maybe in the future Nike can incorporate a heart monitor to get more accurate data and also tracking sleep cycles would be cool.

Jedii

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2012
would love one

IF THEY EVER RELEASE IT TO MORE THAN 3 PEOPLE IN THE UK, NOT JUST LONDON.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.