Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djschep

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2012
Hello everybody,

I have a quick question that is probably easily solved!
My grandfather opened up Mail this morning and realized that all of his mailboxes were gone! It's pretty bad news as he had quite a collection! I know how to find the mailboxes in ~/Library/Mail/... but how can I get them back into his mail sidebar?
I have included a screenshot so that you guys can hee how it looks now, He can sill receive/send emails but he cant save conversations anymore. When he adds a new mailbox however, he can see all of his old mailboxes in the location drop down.

Any information will help and thanks in advance

djschep

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    328.5 KB · Views: 1,623
Last edited:

BK.

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
Hello everybody,

I have a quick question that is probably easily solved!
My grandfather opened up Mail this morning and realized that all of his mailboxes were gone! It's pretty bad news as he had quite a collection! I know how to find the mailboxes in ~/Library/Mail/... but how can I get them back into his mail sidebar?
I have included a screenshot so that you guys can hee how it looks now, He can sill receive/send emails but he cant save conversations anymore. When he adds a new mailbox however, he can see all of his old mailboxes in the location drop down.

Any information will help and thanks in advance

djschep

Are these local mailboxes "On My Mac" or on iCloud?

If On My Mac, hover over the "On My Mac" heading and click the show button that will appear on the right hand side. If iCloud, do the same but with the iCloud heading.

Reactions: annak1428

robynq

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2018
In my case of missing mailboxes, it is under the Telus heading, which is my internet provider. When I press the +, it says, "Enter name for new mailbox to be created at the top level in account “Telus”. When i press the 'telus' box in this message, it has my mailboxes, but I can't seem to get them back into place in my sidebar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.