Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
Hi, I uninstall dropbox from my system but still some prefs remains in finder such as sharing and permission settings you can see on the pic below, how can i delete this unneeded option ?

Screen_Shot_2012_05_26_at_08_37_58.png

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
I think you're confusing Dropbox the application and service with a drop box, which is a generic directory/folder that has permissions so that it can be used as a drop box.

That choice, "Write Only (Drop Box)" is available throughout Mac OS even if you never installed Dropbox the application. It's not an "unneeded option," it's part of the system and you should just ignore it.

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
I think you're confusing Dropbox the application and service with a drop box, which is a generic directory/folder that has permissions so that it can be used as a drop box.

That choice, "Write Only (Drop Box)" is available throughout Mac OS even if you never installed Dropbox the application. It's not an "unneeded option," it's part of the system and you should just ignore it.

thank you for clearing the issue

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

You are absolutely correct of course. Thanks for straightening me out. :)

OP>> Sorry for the bum steer. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.