Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
US
Hi all. I have 2 video cards, both of the G4 quicksilver era, that I need to test to see exact specs. Has been a while since I used either, and need to find out how much video ram is in each etc. Both are 2x agp compatible, and i believe at least one if not both are 4x as well. I would like to see if I can swing by a members place that has a Quicksilver Tower or maybe even pre quicksilver AGP tower to just install these to find out the specs. I am in Berkley. And hopefully your not too far away. Sorry to be a pain. If you have time today that would be great. Thanks again all!

Mike

_pb_boi

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
Lucky736 said:
Hi all. I have 2 video cards, both of the G4 quicksilver era, that I need to test to see exact specs. Has been a while since I used either, and need to find out how much video ram is in each etc. Both are 2x agp compatible, and i believe at least one if not both are 4x as well. I would like to see if I can swing by a members place that has a Quicksilver Tower or maybe even pre quicksilver AGP tower to just install these to find out the specs. I am in Berkley. And hopefully your not too far away. Sorry to be a pain. If you have time today that would be great. Thanks again all!

Mike

Check them apples! ;)

andy.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
geforce4mx_card_.jpg

radeon7500_card_.jpg

apple_geforce2mx.jpg

thats a geforce 2 MX

http://www.cubeowner.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/163/sort/7/cat/511

thats a geforce 2 MX twinveiw, has twice the vram, you can sell all those cards as cube compatible bar the geforce 4MX (needs a VRM relocation) but state that the 7500 and the twinveiw have to be either run with no face plate or have the faceplate modded.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
I have had pretty good luck looking up model/part numbers on Google when I need to learn about video cards. They are usually on a sticker or printed on the PCB.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i posted all the cards that came with quicksilvers so he should identify it easy.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
US
Hector thank you. It is in fact a Geforce2MX Twinview and a 64MB Geforce 4. The person buying it has a Sawtooth. I believe the Geforce 4 should work for him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.