Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What browser are you using? (Any version)

• Safari

Votes: 55 47.8%
  • Chrome

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Chromium

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Firefox

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Opera

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Camino

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TenFourFox

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Just a quick poll to see how many of you are on Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. I use Safari, but I have Chrome just as another browser.

Slinkwyde

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012
Chrome is my main browser, Safari my second (occasional), and Firefox my third (almost never).

Safari was my previous main Mac browser, and all I miss from it is iOS bookmark syncing and the ClickToFlash extension.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I have Chrome on all my Mac's and PC's. I was a big Firefox proponent until Chrome became so fast, and the Chrome Store matured to the point where it has the best extensions, add-ons etc. There are lots of things that one can only do in Chrome.

It'd be nice to see a significant improvement in Safari with the upcoming Mountain Lion. I used to use Safari a few years ago but recently it's lost some of it's usefulness.

thewoz

macrumors member
May 26, 2012
Chrome is my main browser, Safari my second (occasional), and Firefox my third (almost never).

Safari was my previous main Mac browser, and all I miss from it is iOS bookmark syncing and the ClickToFlash extension.

They have the same thing in Chrome. Just enable "Click to Play". It's in the settings. It is better than ClickToFlash because it won't allow ANY plugins to run unless you click on them, java included.

It's under "Content Settings"

clicktoplaypluginchrome.png

So, I'm guessing virus safe since the flashback was getting in through Java. I have Click to Play enabled in Windows. No more ads in websites. Great.

Last edited:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Used to use Safari all the time, and then finally a couple of months ago I tried Google Chrome. I started liking it more than Safari almost instantly.

Slinkwyde

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012
They have the same thing in Chrome. Just enable "Click to Play". It's in the settings. It is better than ClickToFlash because it won't allow ANY plugins to run unless you click on them, java included.

It's under "Content Settings"

So, I'm guessing virus safe since the flashback was getting in through Java. I have Click to Play enabled in Windows. No more ads in websites. Great.

I'm aware of that and use it, but I prefer ClickToFlash for the additional features: https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/14931112/

For ClickToFlash for all plugins, there is ClickToPlugin.

rctlr

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2012
Safari, both home and mobile.
Firefox for work (with a bit of chrome every now and again).

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Safari all day. Probably the only browser i've used thats not had issues.

*touch wood*
I too have had no issues with Safari when I've used it. It sure comes in handy for sites other browsers choke on. I can even say the same of the various public Safari betas I've used. No troubles whatsoever!

Heck, even the Firefox nightlies (and by extension, builds in the Aurora and Beta branches, along with the stable releases) have given me zero troubles.

xTRIGGER092x

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2011
Chrome.

Used to use Firefox, but due to it's crap support for Lion (even to this day), I've ditched it.

g4 powerbookboy

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2010
I use safari mainly, however i also have omniweb installed on my g4 15" aluminum powerbook. Safari has never let me down.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Mostly safari, on my Mac but on my workstation in the office I have chrome.

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
Cannot stand Safari. Currently use Chrome but really want back to Opera which is currently in its Mac Version to unstable unfortunately.

GMTGuy

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2012
To be honest i'm really surprised so many use safari, I mean I know it's the default pony in the Mac stall, and webkit is nice of course but other than that, at least for me, safari seems to lag pretty far behind Chrome and FF in features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.