Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
ok so who is getting a 4s if apple releases the Longphone 5? i certainly am. also, gotta question, is it possible to install an a5x chitin an iPhone 4s?

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
I might get one, although I would MUCH rather have the enlarged screen instead of a stretched one. As for the chip, that would all be up to apple. Maybe an A6 will come out. Who knows?

But the iPhone length is just perfect right now. I don't want it longer. I can reach the whole screen with 1 hand, which would be harder if it got longer.

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
Not sure why they wouldn't simply make a screen size increase a proper height/width ratio :confused:

It's called making the screen a proper 'widescreen' ratio. The real problem is the stupid top and bottom bezels. I had an Atrix, 4" screen, 16:9 instead of 3:2...it MAY have been slightly, just slightly wider, but basically the extra real estate was from top to bottom....and the physical dimensions of the phone are basically the same as an iPhone. Also see: Nexus S. 4" screen, near identical physical dimesions.

There's really no reason whatsoever they can't do something about having so much wasted space on the front of the phone.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I agree with aztooh, Apple needs to decrease the size of the bezel rather than increase the size of the phone

geoffm33

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
I DO want a larger screen, but not in a shell that's 8' tall

----------

He is basing his comment off of the latest "leaked" images.

I understand that. But until we see the new iPhone on stage, the "leaked" images are just rumors.

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
I understand that. But until we see the new iPhone on stage, the "leaked" images are just rumors.

And this is macRUMORS forum. He is commenting on the most recent RUMOR. No one can comment about that? We have to wait til the new device is revealed to talk about it? He did say "IF Apple releases...". Not like he said he knows it's a sure thing, who's getting it?! Come on man, be better than that.

iamthedudeman

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2007
Why are people complaining?

Based on the leaks today. The phone will be 7 to 10mm longer. Thats it. One Centimeter. How is that a 'long' phone? The top and bottom portions are thinner, less wasted space.

People wanted a larger screen. Apple gives it to you. What more do you want?:confused:

geoffm33

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
And this is macRUMORS forum. He is commenting on the most recent RUMOR. No one can comment about that? We have to wait til the new device is revealed to talk about it? He did say "IF Apple releases...". Not like he said he knows it's a sure thing, who's getting it?! Come on man, be better than that.

Relax. He didn't say "IF Apple releases". I think you are confusing the OP with who I responded to. I was responding to a comment that seemed to be relying a little too heavily on the rumors.

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
I had direct experience with this issue last year.

I had the EVO 4G, a nice sized phone, felt great in the hand. Then I bought the EVO 3D, and it was narrower and taller. And I hated it for that reason alone, the taller but less width, I just could not adjust too after a month I returned it. I found the fatter/wider phone much easier to hold, than the taller.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Like someone else said in another, a majority of you will probably end up getting an iPhone 5 anyone just because that's how it is with Apple products.

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
Relax. He didn't say "IF Apple releases". I think you are confusing the OP with who I responded to. I was responding to a comment that seemed to be relying a little too heavily on the rumors.

That's my point. We're discussing the rumor. No one is saying OMG THIS IS 100% FOR SURE THE NEW PHONE AND I HATE IT! We're not 'relying' on the rumor to be true, we're discussing what we think if the rumor comes to fruition.

If you don't like talking about rumors/leaks, why spend time on macrumors???

geoffm33

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
That's my point. We're discussing the rumor. No one is saying OMG THIS IS 100% FOR SURE THE NEW PHONE AND I HATE IT! We're not 'relying' on the rumor to be true, we're discussing what we think if the rumor comes to fruition.

If you don't like talking about rumors/leaks, why spend time on macrumors???

Keep in mind I didn't say YOU were 'relying' on the rumor to be true. Here is what I was responding to:

Not sure why they wouldn't simply make a screen size increase a proper height/width ratio :confused:

That statement implies that Apple has decided not to make the screens size increase in a proper height/width ratio. Which they haven't, unless one believes the rumor to be true, which we can't know.

I've never said that we shouldn't discuss the rumors, I believe the opposite. I've read every post in every rumor thread so far. I enjoy those threads because it's interesting to see the other points of view.

It seems you are on an anti-anti-rumor crusade against the wrong person.

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
Keep in mind I didn't say YOU were 'relying' on the rumor to be true. Here is what I was responding to:

That statement implies that Apple has decided not to make the screens size increase in a proper height/width ratio. Which they haven't, unless one believes the rumor to be true, which we can't know.

I've never said that we shouldn't discuss the rumors, I believe the opposite. I've read every post in every rumor thread so far. I enjoy those threads because it's interesting to see the other points of view.

It seems you are on an anti-anti-rumor crusade against the wrong person.

lol
Well, seemed like you were anti rumor. So, my apologies if that's not the case. There are a lot who b and moan about "just wait to judge" and it's annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.