Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PatrickW98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Subrubs of Chicago, IL
So I put a screen protector perfectly on my iPad 3 about 2 weeks ago. No bubbles and no dust.

I put the protector under the light and there is millions of scratches on it.

How can I remove the scratches? I don't want to put a new protector because this one is put on perfectly.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
If you told use which protector it was someone might be able to give you an idea, but most likely you'll just have to live with it. The whole point of a protector is somewhat bass ackwards, because it will always be easier to scratch than the thing it is protecting.

Both my iPhone 4 and iPads are now protectorless. It's a Catch 22.

B

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
If you told use which protector it was someone might be able to give you an idea, but most likely you'll just have to live with it. The whole point of a protector is somewhat bass ackwards, because it will always be easier to scratch than the thing it is protecting.

Both my iPhone 4 and iPads are now protectorless. It's a Catch 22.

B

Very true. Screen protectors especially the cheaper ones tend to scratch easily. I ordered a few from Monoprice. When my screen protectors get scratched I just live with it until they get real bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.