Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dexterityllc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Raleigh, NC
***** Official Trailer *****
http://youtu.be/qJFJGNDz-hU

7550507316_08693dd4e6_b.jpg

Coming on August 2012 to Kickstarter.

Come see the preview :)

http://www.morphcase.com

Last edited:

dexterityllc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Sorry

I'm so sorry sracer...that teaser has clues to what it does for the contest. I'll have a new video up in a few weeks that gives more details. Thanks for checking it out, though. :)

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Very different video for a ipod case :D I actually liked it.I looks different and sexy.Like thong :D I would have buy it and use it .What is it made of ?Regular plastic ? Hardcover ? Can you please tell us more.I could consider buying my self.

----------

And ı forget to ask . How much it will be ?

dexterityllc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for your post...

Hi Serkan, thank you for posting :) I just wanted the preaview video to be fun, instead of technical, and I always love the teaser trailers for new video games. So I decided to use that idea to go along with the contest, where people can guess what is does that makes it more than just a case ; )

It actually has embedded hardware which is the reson for the unusual design. It will be polycarbonite and but rubber in areas where it needs flexibility. The final design was just finalized for the review prototypes. I'll have photos and features with a new (more informative) video next month.

I'm currently sourcing materials and pricing, but I'm hoping I have a price point of $29.99. Labor for putting the hardware in the case is what I'm waiting on to set the price ; )

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Hi Serkan, thank you for posting :) I just wanted the preaview video to be fun, instead of technical, and I always love the teaser trailers for new video games. So I decided to use that idea to go along with the contest, where people can guess what is does that makes it more than just a case ; )

It actually has embedded hardware which is the reson for the unusual design. It will be polycarbonite and but rubber in areas where it needs flexibility. The final design was just finalized for the review prototypes. I'll have photos and features with a new (more informative) video next month.

I'm currently sourcing materials and pricing, but I'm hoping I have a price point of $29.99. Labor for putting the hardware in the case is what I'm waiting on to set the price ; )

It sounds good actually.When ı buy cases ı definetly look for quality and the materail.Because ı dont want a broken screen in the first fall or put my ipod in to my pocket and the back side is very bad.That s whyı would want something special like this one rather than buying cheap stuff from ebay :( Actually the price is good but maybe too much when you convert in to euros for people in europe side :) I like the material also sounds nice but ı wonder will be only one color or do you plan to make any colours as well ? I like the contest idea as well it seems nice ;) Already joined liked and shared ;)

dexterityllc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Hi again...

Hi again, Serkan...

I agree with you...I'm very specific regarding quality, as well. Because of the exposed corners on the top, it's not protected there...so you may want a screen protector or a thin silicone bumper around the case. The hardware performs 2 functions, which is why the case is unique...I'm looking at creating (inexpensive) additional protection that can be added and customized if someone wants or needs it. I just wanted to see if the case and it's functions are well-received at first before adding that as my next project. :)

I'm going to do everything I can to keep the price affordable, and if I can produce it for less than the $29.99, I definitely will. I'd rather make a little profit and sell a lot, than it not be easily affordable for everyone.

The initial colors will be black and white...there will be a "limited edition" chrome accented case and I will offer a choice for people to vote on once it is up on Kickstarter. I'm also contacting some of the custom skin companies so they can offer differen designs to personalize the cases.

Thank you for the compliment on the contest and your help "liking" and "sharing". Without the kindness and interest of people like you, this would all still be just a dream in my head. :D

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Hi again, Serkan...

I agree with you...I'm very specific regarding quality, as well. Because of the exposed corners on the top, it's not protected there...so you may want a screen protector or a thin silicone bumper around the case. The hardware performs 2 functions, which is why the case is unique...I'm looking at creating (inexpensive) additional protection that can be added and customized if someone wants or needs it. I just wanted to see if the case and it's functions are well-received at first before adding that as my next project. :)

I'm going to do everything I can to keep the price affordable, and if I can produce it for less than the $29.99, I definitely will. I'd rather make a little profit and sell a lot, than it not be easily affordable for everyone.

The initial colors will be black and white...there will be a "limited edition" chrome accented case and I will offer a choice for people to vote on once it is up on Kickstarter. I'm also contacting some of the custom skin companies so they can offer differen designs to personalize the cases.

Thank you for the compliment on the contest and your help "liking" and "sharing". Without the kindness and interest of people like you, this would all still be just a dream in my head. :D

:) I am happy to hear that you are very in to this :) Good desings dont stay in dreams ;) I hope the case will be good on the market in a short time :) Good luck :)

dexterityllc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Raleigh, NC
(smile)

You just never know what the reception of an idea will be until it's on the market. I've put everything I have into it, so I hope people will like it...I believe in it, but I'll just have to wait and see what everyone else thinks.

Thank you very much for the kind words of encouragement, Serkan :)

dexterityllc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Along those lines...

Hi Cubemaster13...

You're pretty close...but it isn't a peel.

I found a simplier way to utilize hardware in the form of a case without having to "jailbreak" the Touch, no battery drain, no cords or wires...and not be expensive. Once it launches, I want to try and keep the price in the range of standard cases.

It doesn't change any of the iPod Touch functions or its internal operating system, just adds an additional function to it.

I actually believe once it launches, people way sharper than myself will come up with even more ideas that utilize the case design and add even more functions of the iPod Touch ; )

Dindorio

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2012
Its looking very smart. I want to get this MorphCase to give a smart look to my iPod touch and keep it safe.

dexterityllc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Raleigh, NC
MorphCase now on Indiegogo ; )

7983029095_05d1e8e395_m.jpg

I know everyone thinks you need cellular to be mobile these days, but we are on the brink of a wi-fi explosion. The technology for a Wi-Fi phone won't need a cellular data network to always be connected in the future. Wi-Fi networks are easy and inexpensive to set up as compared to a cellular tower.
Just using my current prototype with my iPod Touch, there is rarely a time when I'm not connected to wi-fi. I've been researching wi-fi and white space technology for the past three years and all it will take is a national network for people to be connected seamlessly. These are the most current advances I'm really excited about:

- CableWiFi and Passpoint point have started their wi-fi networks

- Connectify created Dispatch technology your to combine networks for faster speeds wherever you are

- Anyfi.net is working on chips for hotspots that allow you to stay connected to your home network

- Spectrum Bridge is advancing every day with White Space Technology and integrating their chipsets into
products (Mifi's, routers, etc.)

If there is a consumer demand for my case, in no time Apple (iPod) , Samsung (Galaxy Player) and even Sony (Walkman) will add the speaker (top) and microphone (bottom) to their players. Right now, they all want to stay in the billion dollars cellular industry and that is why there is so much fighting in the patent lawsuits. If any of them opt to change their products with the microphone/speaker...my case will be obsolete. But that is okay...my goal is to change the cellular industry by making mobile technology less expensive for consumers and advance wi-fi technology from that point on ; )

I know...I get super-excited when I talk about wi-fi and the possibilities ; ) So many companies have these great ideas with wi-fi and no one has thought of collaborating and putting them together, yet : ( My company is small, but that is all I think about. How great would it be to have our cable/internet/phone/mobile phone bill for everyone in our family be something like $20/month...have the security of being connected to our home network...and have lightning fast speed by using several connections together?

I've launched on Indiegogo hoping to gage the public interest. I've put everything I have in this, and things like that only make me more determined for people to see what is now a viable option to cellular. I'm posting updates/photos of everything as I work toward getting it manufactured so people can have confidence that this is a product that will be made and I hope it will make them want to back my campaign.

I greatly appreciate anyone checking it out so you can decide if it's something you would like to see become a reality ; )

Jade Lil'

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2015
Hi again...

Hi again, Serkan...

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Is that going to be updated soon? Because I checked and It doesn't seem secure and I am thinking about buying this soon although, today it's like 40 bucks and up. So is there an update I don't know about because I really don't want my ipod back to be half naked cuz after a while it gets heated up and my hands get sweaty.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.