Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
My thoughts exactly.

If these leaks coming out in the past few weeks are any indication of a post Steve Jobs Apple, the company is in deep trouble.

Such minor updates are NEVER announced with fanfare at WWDC - they are just Apple Store updates. Happened many times before, it will happen again now.

THESE SPECS ARE REAL. Stop bothering.

dcmurrin

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2004
If this rumor is true, I'm shorting AAPL - this company is no longer the leader but rather a timid follower, the beginning of the end.

Yeah, that's the attitude <rolls eyes>.I've been hearing that since the late 90's. Now there are millions wishing they had bought MORE AAPL.

Good lord, some of these posts. Apple comes out with good spec's on their entry level laptop and you would think from reading here that the world has ended. LOL.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
hope it's fake, because otherwise it only confirms my suspicion, that apple has once again lots its way without jobs, and they're starting to spread themselves thin when it comes to their computers and osx.

Even under Steve most of the hardware updates were spec bumps worth little fan fare. And it was common for them to not include the latest and greatest tech until it was a good year old, unless it was tech they helped build. So if this is real it's classic Apple, Steve Jobs style.

ZballZ

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2006
In this day and age, don't the people who want the ODD also want Blu-Ray support? How could Apple not support Blu-Ray if they keep the ODD?

Very Easy - b/c they want your money! Better for Apple if you rent your movies on iTunes instead of buying them in the shops!

I dont believe Apple will ever support BR, and will get rid of the ODD as soon as possible!

koyoot

macrumors 603
Jun 5, 2012
About the screen. IMO it's the sticker which will land on the box of new MBP. The biggest difference from the stickers on MBP's is the code on the bottom. The code is readed by system, and sticker is putted on specific box.

In this case. We won't see any redesign on MBP. But we will se a High DPI display as an option. Possibly in every MBP.

soundguyami

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
Totally Fake

They did a good job...except...the resolution listed is from a few years ago. The current MBP 13 inch is a higher resolution than that listed on this. Good try though.

ZballZ

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2006
Even under Steve most of the hardware updates were spec bumps worth little fan fare. And it was common for them to not include the latest and greatest tech until it was a good year old, unless it was tech they helped build. So if this is real it's classic Apple, Steve Jobs style.

I agree, but also a complete redesign is standard every 3-4 years. It is fair to assume that the macbook pro lineup will get a redesign soon...

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
And where is the barcode on your box? BTW the photo of label new macbook pro 13 looks like cut from the paper (look at the left side of the photo)...
There is no barcode on this label. Looking at our other MBP boxes, since we all get the fully-upgraded models, the labels don't have barcodes either. it would seem these are stickers that are applied to these models. However, on the Mac Pro labels, the barcode is present.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
You're right, my MBP 2011 box says OS X on it, and i bought it a month after the release of lion. Could be fake, but if its a fake, its pretty darn close in my opinion to what Apple should be doing with the 13 inch MBP.

When Mountain Lion was announced Apple started referring to "Mac OS X" as only "OS X". This was after the 2011 Mac packaging was designed.

It's now 2012 and I don't think Apple would leave the phrase "Mac OS X" on its new packaging after making sort of big ripples by dropping the word "Mac" from OS X. That's why I think this is fake.

AppleGuesser

macrumors regular
May 1, 2012
Macon, GA

Thank you! Finally, people with some understanding. Its as if one "rumored" leak of one of many laptops from Apple and the whole Apple ship is sinking. Give me a break, for the people using the "this wouldnt happen if steve were still around," thats a cover for your lack of Apple knowledge and understanding. No shots intended, but get your head out of the clouds.:apple:

Exio

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
This is fake, an almost exact copy of this image came out last year as a supposed "leak." History just repeats itself...

2011-Thunderbolt-MacBook-Pro-13-Specs.jpg

Article of the 2011 "Spec Leak":
http://obamapacman.com/2011/02/leak...-specs/2011-thunderbolt-macbook-pro-13-specs/

AppleGuesser

macrumors regular
May 1, 2012
Macon, GA
WWDC is a software conference. So yeah. They will focus on software not hardware.

Exactly right! The WWDC stands for Worldwide "DEVELOPERS" Conference. Aka, software, just saying to the guy thats disappointed about a lack of "hardware enhancements" being announced ;) Thats rich :)

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
My thoughts exactly.

If these leaks coming out in the past few weeks are any indication of a post Steve Jobs Apple, the company is in deep trouble.

Yes cause I'm sure he controlled the advancement of technology all by himself. Not to mention all of the engineering and R&D hours that go into every single part of each device.

It's people like this guy that have unrealistic expectations based upon leaks and are then disappointed when the unconfirmed information that came out in these leaks doesn't come to fruition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.