Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Albright

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2011
I would just pay some money for CS 1.6 on Mac. Will never happy I'm afraid.

Will never happen? Will never be happy? Well, at any rate, have you given Urban Terror a look? It's a free semirealistic-ish FPS with a decent player-base and CS-ish vibes, though it's not exactly the same - it doesn't try to be. And since it's based on the Quake 3 engine, it runs very well on even underpowered and older Macs.

kstswe

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2008
Thank you Valve :) All I got to say. Now if Apple could do something about the graphics ....

RoelJuun

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Netherlands
Pay some money for Windows 7 on an Intel Mac and you are good to go :)

----------

I don't think it will be. Traditionally they don't allow that because the aiming with a keyboard and mouse is a much different experience and might allow an unfair advantage for PC users.

I've already played the game using bootcamp. The whole point of games that are ported to OS X is that you don't have to use bootcamp.

Frozzie

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
Glad it is coming to Steam. More games need to come multiplatform on Steam so Mac users can benefit from reduced game prices. Sadly, it is not going to happen as because of existence of companies like Aspyr and Feral, native developers will not have to port into Mac themselves, and Aspyr and Feral will charge ripoff price given games they release are very outdated.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
That is still no cs_siege my boy. I will think about getting it but I am definitely going to need to see some gameplay.

kjs862

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2004
I will be buying this even though I don't plan on playing it a lot, just for memories.

jurcek86

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
Where is the config location for cs:go on mac? I cant find it :S I go into

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/csgo/cfg/

And there is config.cfg which i edit and it does load even simple change:

name "test"

Even adding autoexec.cfg (like css) it wont get loaded in that dir...

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Yes... but you'll still get owned by the mouse/keyboard. Doubt you could maintain a positive score on a server vs people with mice/keyboards.

I used to play Shadow run, a game where people on PC's and Xbox's could play with each other, the PC players never seemed to have the upper hand. They did just as well as the 360 players.

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
I used to play Shadow run, a game where people on PC's and Xbox's could play with each other, the PC players never seemed to have the upper hand. They did just as well as the 360 players.

yeah I've seen my brother in law, who is in high school, play the usual black ops/MW/BF3 on his xbox and his reflexes are really no worse than when I was playing CS all day in college (probably better since he started earlier hah). I think the truth is that most of us KB/mouse gamers are old school and don't like or physically just can't adapt to consoles which is why we think it's inherently worse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.