Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyesolation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Hello,

I could not wait for my new sim card to arrive so I had the iPhone upgraded from 5.1 to 5.1.1, unlocked and jailbroken untethered with redsn0w 0.9.11b4 and with ultrasn0w. Subsequently, loaded it with a bunch of apps ad photos while waiting for post. However, today my sim card is here and I ve been having the NO SERVICE sign after I insert the pin code.

I am rather a beginner here and have been simply following forum threads to perform the steps above. Therefore I would appreciate any helpful info. Few hours of googling did not help so far.

Thank you in advance.

e.

Lammercy

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Ouch. I was in the same position as you just the weekend. A new iPhone 4, but couldn't be used because it said "no service" even with my sim card. Unfortunately your baseband cannot be unlocked, as it is probably 4.11.08 or 4.12.01. Mine is too. The only option is to get an unlock from the carrier that the phone is locked too. Thats what I had to do.

eyesolation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
thank you all for your posts.
well, I did manage to "unlock" the device itself to get it working without a sim card and later on I used ultrasn0w fixer 5.1.1 in an attempt of a total unlock. I got the iphone second hand and had no idea it could be that complicated. do I now really need to get in touch with the seller and make her contact the carrier to unlock it?

----------

o and yes, my baseband is 4.12.01

Lammercy

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
You could try. Did you purchase from eBay? I bought my IPhone 4 from eBay, called AT&T with a friends account, as I do not have AT&T services.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
thank you all for your posts.
well, I did manage to "unlock" the device itself to get it working without a sim card and later on I used ultrasn0w fixer 5.1.1 in an attempt of a total unlock. I got the iphone second hand and had no idea it could be that complicated. do I now really need to get in touch with the seller and make her contact the carrier to unlock it?

----------

o and yes, my baseband is 4.12.01

No amount of ultrasn0w will unlock the phone. Your only option now is a carrier unlock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.