Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neilpryde23

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2011
9to5mac claims they've been sitting on this list for several weeks but didn't want to out the inventory people as a source of the leak so they didn't post it til now.

AU$2,499 and 3,149 are pretty freaking expensive prices for a MBP according to the list from 9to5. :(

full-mac-price-list-ai-sucks.png

Edit: Sorry for reposting this 9to5 list again. I didn't realize it was posted on the previous page

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
That actually makes sense. The "Ultimate" might well be the server version.

"Ultimate" means "last". This should re-boot the "Mac Pro is dead" rumors!

And all the other models are "better" or "best". Where are the "good" models? Or does "better" just mean it's better than a PC?

(All above - :) )

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Better will be the dual processor model. Ultimate will probably be the single processor model with updated graphics card/memory/storage for sale in stores as a boxed item.

That also makes sense. We can only wait and see. These better be Mac Pros, if only for the relief it will bring from the incessant "Apple does not care about the pros!!" posts.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
"Ultimate" means "last". This should re-boot the "Mac Pro is dead" rumors!

You just had to go there, didn't you? :D

----------

Well all are meaningless marketing words anyway. Ultimate and Best for example are definitive terms, not comparative, and mean exactly the same thing.

Of course, but speculating is more fun than work.

oiuh151

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
9to5mac claims they've been sitting on this list for several weeks but didn't want to out the inventory people as a source of the leak so they didn't post it til now.

AU$2,499 and 3,149 are pretty freaking expensive prices for a MBP according to the list from 9to5. :(

Edit: Sorry for reposting this 9to5 list again. I didn't realize it was posted on the previous page
Was just thinking the same thing.

Australia always pays more.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none

3149 Australian dollars = 2 005.44362 British pounds

The 2011 17" MBP currently starts at 2099 British pounds. Don't forget the rest of the world gets shafted on the prices in comparison to the US.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Sounds more like World Wide Hardware Conference. How will they announce so many products and talk about software too? I hope they release the hardware in the weeks to follow.

They won't. This list, if true, just adds to the idea that they won't be keynoting hardware. It's 90 minutes. The bulk of that will have to be iOS 6 which they have to preview to set up every iOS panel for the rest of the week. otherwise what's the point of having those panels. Then there's any remaining Mountain Lion features to disclose, also vital to the whole conference. Those two are easily 60 of the 90 minutes if not more. 30 minutes to talk about that whole list in any kind of detail. Not even Steve could pull that off. Any mentions of hardware will be quick and cursory. They will talk in broad strokes focusing on details that will directly effect the software and require changes in existing apps etc. Oh speaking of apps, if they have anything new on that front to discuss like say a new version of iWork for that native iCloud document syncing everyone is screaming about being vital, that's even less time for hardware.

Matrixfan

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2008
So this is when Tim Cook doubles down on product secrecy:D Alas, I couldn't justify a $3000 single socket computer as an upgrade path from the 2008 dual socket model Mac Pro. I may as well switch to a notebook, or see what the iMacs will be like. Anyway, good to hear about Mac updates!

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Still going with the "One's too small and one's too big" iMac line-up, then.

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
Everything but the Mac Mini! But that's fine, since I just got mine a few weeks ago. Nice to know it would be obsolete just yet.

I can't wait to see what the new Airs have to offer.

Also, maybe a new TB display with USB 3.0 ports?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
3149 Australian dollars = 2 005.44362 British pounds

The 2011 17" MBP currently starts at 2099 British pounds. Don't forget the rest of the world gets shafted on the prices in comparison to the US.

Keep in mind, this is AU dollars, not US. And The market is not a direct conversion.

the mbp 15 starts currently at $2.099 in australia. a $400 increase is still quiet a lot

Rizzm

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2012
I'm really hoping for a quad core 13" MBP. I don't see the 13" MBP and MBA being redundant; I think the MBP should be what it's labeled as, "pro." I don't want to have to get a 15". I want a portable (<15") powerhouse, and at the moment, Apple does not offer one.

I think the MBP line should basically contain the same internals, just catered to those who want screen size options. The higher screen sizes could obviously hold more parts, but there's hardly anything "pro" about a 2012 notebook still using dual core processors IMO, let alone on board graphics.

Forensickle

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2011
don't just convert dollars
down here in Aus we pay 20-50% more than the UK and US for everything, AFTER converting.
i bought my ipad in the states while on holiday and it was like getting a $200 discount!
last song i bought on itunes from my australian account was US$2.50
if i had an american account it would have been 0.99US OR AUD $0.90

Are they?

4599 Australian dollars = 2 928.87 GBP. The 12 core is currently £4083 in its base configuration.

RobbyIdol

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Those MBA prices look delicious -- I just hope that means the base 11" MBA model is now 128 SSD and the 256 SSD is going for approx $1,200.

And come ooooon better battery life!! :D

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
The last few keynotes were padded with multiple (pretty boring) 5 minute software demo's/walkthrough's that were unnecessary.

You found them unnecessary but yours is not fact or even universal opinion

Those demos do more to explain the hardware in terms that the common buyer can understand than any spec list that a genius like you understands without such assistance. So don't expect to go anywhere.

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
Those MBA prices look delicious -- I just hope that means the base 11" MBA model is now 128 SSD and the 256 SSD is going for approx $1,200.

And come ooooon better battery life!! :D

Dumping my 2010 Air this weekend. I can live without it for a few weeks to gain an extra $100 or so before Apple drops the price themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.