Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Fake!

it has seams! jk :)

cool - seirously considering an mac book pro

does anyone use it for music editing? any latency issues?

thanks! :)

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
don't just convert dollars
down here in Aus we pay 20-50% more than the UK and US for everything, AFTER converting.
i bought my ipad in the states while on holiday and it was like getting a $200 discount!
last song i bought on itunes from my australian account was US$2.50
if i had an american account it would have been 0.99US OR AUD $0.90

Of course. I was just using a straight conversion as a rough guide for our posters from other countries.

vikpt

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2012
damn! if that is true i guess there won't be a 13 in. redesigned macbook pro anymore :(

DaveTheRave

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Their guesses are identical to ours with the exception of the K31 part, which with a price of AU$119 would represent a new AirPort Express rather than a Time Capsule upgrade.

Nice, been waiting to pick up an Express for a family member. That one is overdue for an update.

keramidas

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
all I want is a better resolution screen.. 1440x900 for 15"macbook is bad.. =[

Totally agree.

In fact I remember having a Latitude D800 at work back in March 2003, which had a 1920x1200 resolution display at 15,4".

It shouldn't be too hard to have a decent resolution in 2012.

Forensickle

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2011
Of course. I was just using a straight conversion as a rough guide for our posters from other countries.

the easiest conversion from australian prices is to divide by 2, and that is the USD price

i have a friend who will fly to the states to buy for a few different people, and bring them back, the savings more than covering the $2000 airfare

RobQuads

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2010
Boo No Mac Mini upgrade. Its the one I was actually considering. Want to get rid of my ugly office PC and move it to the Mac Platform. Needs to have USB3 so an updated Mac is the only option (bar continuing with the Hackintosh)

jhwalker

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2011
Nice, been waiting to pick up an Express for a family member. That one is overdue for an update.

I was hoping for an update on the Extreme :/ I have one that's been a bit flaky since a near-miss lightning strike a few weeks back, but was hoping for a new model before I replaced it.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Everything but the Mac Mini! But that's fine, since I just got mine a few weeks ago. Nice to know it would be obsolete just yet.

I can't wait to see what the new Airs have to offer.

Also, maybe a new TB display with USB 3.0 ports?

Just because Apple updates it does not make your current Mac mini obsolete.

nsfw

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2009
New Time Capsules is great news. I was planning to pick one up along with my 2012 17" MBP anyways, so maybe I'll see a bump to 802.11ac or 3TB for $299. A little bonus is always nice.

EDIT: Aargh, Airport Express only?? Nuts.

11ac for all those Apple products with 11ac?
The Time Capsule was more or less just upgraded, i honestly don't see any need for something new.
If anything, the express needs a chipset upgrade to match the extreme and TC.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Is it just me, or is the new administration looking like they are pro Mac? It is starting to look like a push for domination of the computer market.

No more or less than the old administration. Apple doesn't upgrade just to do it. They wait for a real reason and when that reason is ready to be on the market.

Yes they have pushed the devices in terms of the ads etc but that's because that is the better tool for creating brand mind share to bring over the PC folks which is vital if they are going to grow as a company. Nothing more or less. It doesn't mean that anyone at the company is dismissing the computer side etc.

Of course those that hate the whole iDevice stuff are going to continue to hate it, those that are all gaga for their Pro Tower are going to continue to think that Apple is dismissing them etc and become a toy company. And when something does change, now that Steve is dead and gone they will say that it is because Tim isn't a hater blah blah forgetting that tech doesn't change overnight and all this stuff and even next years stuff could be things that Steve started before he left and put Tim in charge

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Totally agree.

In fact I remember having a Latitude D800 at work back in March 2003, which had a 1920x1200 resolution display at 15,4".

It shouldn't be too hard to have a decent resolution in 2012.

Unfortunately those laptops are long gone. You will struggle to find a laptop with 1920x1200 16:10 resolution these days. There was a dip for a while and many laptops have been coming out with 1366x768, even 15" ones. It seems that higher resolution is back in vogue on the PC side again and there are more higher resolution displays available, but they are only 1920x1080 (16:9). Great for watching movies, but not as great as 16:10 for working.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Minor spec bumps for most macs, no retina and lots of angry fanboys

BOOK IT:cool:

the MBP price increased by $400 of the current mbp price in australia so i'm guessing the "pro" line will be "pro" again meaning it'll be the first do adopt the retina display. could explain such a major price increase of the mbp line

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
11ac for all those Apple products with 11ac?
The Time Capsule was more or less just upgraded, i honestly don't see any need for something new.
If anything, the express needs a chipset upgrade to match the extreme and TC.

Time Capsule could gain a Thunderbolt port?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.