Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I am trying to create a slideshow for a wedding on short notice here, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to add a slide with text between pictures. I can add to the beginning or the end, I can put text in an existing picture, but how do I add a slide with text between 2 existing pictures?

While I'm asking, is there any premade templates I can just edit the text and add my own pics to for this?

Babybandit

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
If you can add text onto an existing picture. Perhaps one solution is to get a plain black picture and put text over that? I'm not proficient with iMovie, but… It would sound feasible. Does it not offer a Text Slug? Odd.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
If you can add text onto an existing picture. Perhaps one solution is to get a plain black picture and put text over that? I'm not proficient with iMovie, but… It would sound feasible. Does it not offer a Text Slug? Odd.

It probably does allow a Text Slug, I just don't know how:). But I did figure out how to insert a slide, so I will use the plain pic and that will work fine. Now I am trying to figure out how(or if) I can rearrange slides after they are all in the project. I wish I was asked about 2 weeks ago to do this:D.

Thanks for the help.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I created an all black png file with photoshop, I inserted it in between 2 pics in iMovie and added text to it, but when I play the slideshow it doesn't display the black pic with the text. The sounds keeps playing, but it just keeps the previous picture displayed for the 3 seconds it should be showing the black pic with the text.

When I mouse over it, its shows up, just not when I hit play to preview it.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Click on the Titles button, and then just drag one into your Project. Drop it between clips, when you get a green bar, for a coloured/textured background.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Click on the Titles button, and then just drag one into your Project. Drop it between clips, when you get a green bar, for a coloured/textured background.

Thanks. I'm not sure why, but when I was trying it out it wouldn't add anything like that. But after I started a new project it works. I figured it had to of been easier than I was making it.

I'm pretty far along now, it actually looks nice. I'm just searching for ways now to add to it and make it as special as I can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.