Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Bryce Haymond of Blackpool Creative has created a set of high resolution 3D renderings of the "iPhone 5" based on the circulating part leaks and diagrams.
There's been quite a bit of hype recently in the Apple universe over the imminent announcement of a new iPhone, or rather the new iPhone (aka iPhone 5). Many of the biggest media outlets have already published photos and videos of "leaked" parts that are supposedly from the iPhone 5 as it makes its way into the manufacturing phase at Apple's suppliers. I thought it would be fun to piece together these fragments to see what the iPhone 5 might look like when Apple makes the big announcement
Besides the video below, he's also created a zip of 76 high resolution images for download.

The numerous part leaks have fueled interest in this longer 4" screen iPhone design. Last year, early 3rd party case designs had suggested an even more dramatic redesign, but that design never came to pass.

Apple will be taking the stage at WWDC next week, but most observers don't expect Apple to unveil the new iPhone at WWDC. The new iPhone is not expected to be introduced until the fall (September/October).

Article Link: High Resolution 'iPhone 5' Renderings Based on Leaked Parts

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
Looks pretty similar except for the increased height. I am looking forward to seeing what the new iPhone will bring. :)

Helixc0de

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2011
All I can say is I will not buy the iPhone 5 or anymore iPhone proceeding that unless it is a redesign. In particular the "tear drop" design.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
All I can say is I will not buy the iPhone 5 or anymore iPhone proceeding that unless it is a redesign. In particular the "tear drop" design.

I'd prefer not. The current design makes it super easy to sit it on its side or bottom for video recording or skype video chats.

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Well knowing that this is a rendering that could be 100% fake, I will be disappointed if the next iPhone has a design that is extremely similar to the iPhone 4/4S.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
This is coming before the end of summer...usually with leaks like these parts, the phone is already in production...I'm guess late July/August.

Oct was too long of a wait last year.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
Well knowing that this is a rendering that could be 100% fake, I will be disappointed if the next iPhone has a design that is extremely similar to the iPhone 4/4S.

There's only so much you can do...it's either taller, wider or thinner.

A tear-drop shape is not happening.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I'm liking it. The two tone design gives it character. Anyway, i don't care too much about the design because it will go in a case anyway. If this is the next iPhone it will be kind of similar to the original 2G because of the black strip at the bottom. Of course, the 2G had only one and in comparison to the prototype/mockup.

Just make it some kind of metal. Plastic is rather cheap, glass fragile.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
I have to say I have been turned. I was one of those saying October, but all this detail leaking tells me this is in production already. I would not be surprised AT ALL if the new iPhone was announced on Monday. Bring it

Last edited:

smeggsmeg

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2011
I would be more than happy if the new iPhone was similar to this. In my opinion the iPhone 4,4s are still the most aesthetically pleasing smartphones on the market. I'd go as far to say as i would prefer it not to get taller as its just the right size as is.

I actually saw a Samsung Galaxy Note in the wild the other day, now thats one ugly brick.

Last edited:

Ultimedia

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2009
Apple can only redesign the iPhone to a certain extend. I personally still like the iPhone 4 design and it's hard to fault it.

People expect a redesign just for the matter of redesigning something.

carlos916

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I kno it's just a mock up design but I hope the screen does not sit out like that and hopefully it sits flushed with the body or has a tapered edge like the back..either way i can't wait:D

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
It's growing on me. When I first saw the pictures of the back I was a little put off, the elongated screen was a bit off putting as well, but I'll reserve judgement until I see the final product.

I actually like the look of the back, it'll be interesting to see how it's used in the end--assuming of course that it isn't a prototype or planned leak, it is a bit soon to be seeing these parts leak out of the supply chain it seems.

mitso

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2012
No way will it look like this. The antennas on the side will not function if connected to a metal backing. The back will be some type of glass. I know they were developing a fibreglass which can have a glossy black finish with x times the strength of gorilla glass.

Apple use to leak dummy parts now they have these fools doing all the work..

andyjam

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I'm still unsure about the two tone backing, but overall it looks sweet... The mute/volume buttons on the black one better match the metal though.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
So after all these years..we still have the horrible old ice cream sandwich-like design, when the 3G/S felt much better on the hand. Can't Apple find a good middle ground?

So 4" screen and same old horrible exterior design? Hmm I might just skip this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.