Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Goldmemeber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
Hi Everyone!

I don't know if anyone has encountered this problem with Iphone 4 but I am experiencing sever Iphone crashes after updating to IOS 5.1.1.

Symptoms:

- Unlock screen won't respond,
- Apps freeze after launching (especially maps, navigation),
- Can't answer calls,
- Can't hung up calls,

Sometimes these symptoms last from couple of minutes to three or four hours! So I can't really rely on the phone.

I've tried the following:

- Hard reset (many many times) - didn't help
- Restore (restore from back up) - didn't help
- Restore (set up new Iphone) - didn't help (sometimes the phone was unresponsive during initial setup before I could restore anything from backup)
- I completely turned off overnight, and in the morning when I turned it on the phone started to work again, but after thirty minutes or so symptoms were coming back again.

The phone has never been hacked and it is factory unlocked.

Any Idea?

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
I think I'm having a similar issue. My phone screen freezes, mostly during texting. I keep typing and the screen records input and the text pops up as if it's a hiccup or latency issue in the display. Anyone have issues like this?

Goldmemeber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
Hi Everyone!

I don't know if anyone has encountered this problem with Iphone 4 but I am experiencing sever Iphone crashes after updating to IOS 5.1.1.

Symptoms:

- Unlock screen won't respond,
- Apps freeze after launching (especially maps, navigation),
- Can't answer calls,
- Can't hung up calls,

Sometimes these symptoms last from couple of minutes to three or four hours! So I can't really rely on the phone.

I've tried the following:

- Hard reset (many many times) - didn't help
- Restore (restore from back up) - didn't help
- Restore (set up new Iphone) - didn't help (sometimes the phone was unresponsive during initial setup before I could restore anything from backup)
- I completely turned off overnight, and in the morning when I turned it on the phone started to work again, but after thirty minutes or so symptoms were coming back again.

The phone has never been hacked and it is factory unlocked.

Any Idea?

Still no fix on the issues unfortunately.

Yesterday I was lucky to start a movie before the phone become unresponsive. The movie was playin' but the screen was unresponsive. (couldn't set the volume, or pause the film etc.) Weird!
I think the issue is more likely software rather than hardware. Maybe the next IOS update will help.
I think I won't get support from Apple because I use the phone in Europe, but I bought it in the USA. Guarantee will expire in August 2012...

MNFL

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012
if a hard restore won't fix this issue

then it's probably not a software problem, if you know what i mean

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.