Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kpp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
I just dropped my iphone 4s about 4ft onto hardwood floor, it fell on the back. Nothing cracked. I opened the back everything looks fine. But NO RESPONSE to anything, wont turn on, wont do anything. I called it and it didnt go to voicemail it rung, but didnt hear anything on the 4s. PLEASE HELP :(

Last edited:

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
This needs to be resolved by an apple genius.

How you tell them how it stopped working is in your court.

tburk32

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2011
This happened to my friend today. Dropped the phone on a tile floor with a case on it and there is no visible physical damage but the phone will not turn on. They have apple+ care for their iPhone. Obviously the best option is to take the phone to the genius bar. Has anyone had any experience with this type of service? Will they have to pay the $49.00 for replacement of the device? Could they go to the Verizon store to have the phone replaced or only to an Apple store? KPP did you get your phone repaired? What was your experience?

thanks in advance

*Update* They took it to the Verizon store and the person asked them if they dropped it. They were honest and said yes. He plugged the phone in and said "wow you have a lot of applications running" and reset the phone. It came back on without any issues and the guy at Verizon said between the impact and the phone being over worked it probably froze the phone. Is there any truth to that? Regardless their phone is working again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.