Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2003

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
use search on this forum more often, this is the second time i have given the same answer

download stuffit-expander and then open it.

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
There have been a lot of topics on this. Apple stopped including the Stuffit framework with OS X so now if you want to use this horrible software, you will have to download it. You can do so here.

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
jamdr said:
There have been a lot of topics on this. Apple stopped including the Stuffit framework with OS X so now if you want to use this horrible software, you will have to download it. You can do so here.
Which you almost certainly will have to, as a lot of things still come in .sit format (mainly made by Microsoft actually!).

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
MrCommunistGen said:
Yeah... its a conspiracy by the EVIL companies to pollute your pristine OS with their... um... less than stellar... software

-mcg

Congrats on the upgrade, aren't the iMac G3's just the worst to get into. I mean the HDD is on the bottom of the machine! lol, I upgraded my 6 to 20, in less than 4 hours! lol, on PC's it takes me about 15 minutes, well then again, I had troubles with the CDROM drive sticking out too far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.