Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Uh...

Would it have been too hard to drop in the same updates for the 17"? Kinda annoying. I guess the "halo" effect from the commercial/professional segment isn't as interesting to Apple as the iPhone "halo" effect.

Doesn't a retina display 15" eliminate the need for a 17" screen?

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
The Mac Pro has a New icon on the store, but the specs look the same, no Thunderbird ports, no USB 3. Is Apple just taunting us now?

imMango

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
Sadly yes. And worse than they predicted, no TB, no usb3, no SATA III.

As good as dead.

Have they done anything with it? I don't know enough about the Pro's to tell if theres an update at all.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Have they done anything with it? I don't know enough about the Pro's to tell if theres an update at all.

Just some different CPUs. And they upped the price on the dual CPU system (although it's 12 core now).

That's how bad the MP update is, unless you have the old list to compare with it's hard to tell that they even updated at all. I hate to say it but this is really going to make high end users look at either hackintosh or dumping mac for PC.

So when does MR run the story with "MP updated...barely" so we can have all the discussion there instead of all the threads about other topics?

Zauberer

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2010
Bah! Dilemma!! Worth it to upgrade from early 2011 MBP? Any thoughts on how the new retina display Mac handles gaming? My current MBP can get pretty hot as it is when I play SWTOR or CiV.

deputy_doofy

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2002
Unless I'm mistaken, there's a little "new" image next to the Mac Pros. I don't know what the old specs were to make a true comparison, but it is marked as new.

Pegamush

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2011
prices of the "non-retina" mbp are silly, the 15" is actually more expensive than the retina-mbp... who's telling prices at apple?
ok, they want us to buy the more expensive model in the first place, bah.
looks too much like a transition period for macbooks, how long until the next upgrade? :D

Chief Pilot

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2012
Upgrade or Not?

I was thinking about buy a new 13" MacBook Pro

But now I am a little bit disappointed and confused about the new ones which were presented about 2 hours ago.
CPU is a little bit faster
and a slightly improved graphics performance(well because of the ner CPU)

I don't see big differences between the old and the new one.

Is it worth buying the new 13" instead buying/keeping the late 2011???

Need help

Thanks

RobQuads

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2010
Wonder if the new Macbook Air will be able to support 2 external devices if the laptop is closed. Ideally wanted a new MacMini but as they have not been updated might just update my Air and dock it in the office

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.