Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Asatar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Having quite a lot of trouble with the syncing of iMessage. I have people who had 1 phone number and have a thread with all our correspondance, but then if they get a new phone the messages go into a separate message thread. Is there any way to combine them into 1 single one?

Secondly, my iPhone, iPad and Mac iMessages are not in sync with each other, my iPhone has everything, my iPad has very limited messages and none are on my Mac; is there a simple solution?

Thanks!

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
1) You can't merge iMessage messages or text messages together.

2) If someone sends you an iMessage or Text via Phone Number, you cannot get it on your Mac or iPad. This is a limitation that should be fixed in iOS6. This is actually something I'm extremely looking forward to. I don't have to check my phone when I get a message, I can just reply via Mac.

3) For your iPad/iPhone/Mac iMessage sync, have all your messages go through your E-Mail address. That is the only solution currently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.