Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kaiser99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
hello

i'm new to jailbreaking and was wondering, do you think its worth it just for the swipeselect or SwiftShiftCaret??

how much does stuff needs cleaning up after i have seen ibooks breaks i use this most days will i have much to do once i'm jailbroken??

ipad 3rd gen running 5.1.1

thelead

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2010
i installed it and uninstalled it after a few days. You can't type as fast because it detects it as a swipe sometimes. Very difficult to type that way. They should have an option where you press and hold shift to begin swiping, or something to that effect.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
i installed it and uninstalled it after a few days. You can't type as fast because it detects it as a swipe sometimes. Very difficult to type that way. They should have an option where you press and hold shift to begin swiping, or something to that effect.

That has been my experience with it also. I have had to correct a LOT more with it than I did before. I'm probably going to uninstall it.

HelperMonkey

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
Uninstalled it after a day. It created far too many errors. Hope they can fix it as I'd glad pay for it, were it to work.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Did they update this yet? I installed when it came out but it was just too sensitive and actually made typing harder. Great idea but wondering when the dev will update this.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Not all it's cracked up to be, like quasar, the videos only show what they want you to see.

Asatar

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2011
I also uninstalled it after a few days. It works brilliantly on an iPhone but not on an iPad where you type with multiple fingers on each hand; registers too many key presses as selections and usually results in more correction that it prevents.

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
To all those who didn't like swipeselect, try swipeshiftcaret. You swipe on the typing are instead if the keyboard. It's much easier to use without the typos.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011

Yup, same here - loved at first and, then, got tired of the unregistered taps.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Swipeshiftcaret is great, I debated on wether to install it for a long time, I'm glad I finally did.

Kaiser99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I have since jailbroken my ipad and instlled swipeselection and am finding it ok not great but i have also updated to a 5 row keyboard and the keys are slightly smaller so thats another thing i have to contend with. But still really glad i jailbroke

Enlightenment1

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2012
Loving SwipeSelect!

God only knows why Apple don't bring these kind of useful (being the operative word) tweaks out with an iOS update :rolleyes: Instead we get new maps and Facebook integration or whatever it is :confused:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Loving SwipeSelect!

God only knows why Apple don't bring these kind of useful (being the operative word) tweaks out with an iOS update :rolleyes: Instead we get new maps and Facebook integration or whatever it is :confused:

Just don't forget to switch to swipeshiftcaret...

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
idk if its because i have fat fingers or what, but a lot of the times when typing my cursor would end up at the begging of the sentence, in the middle of typing a sentence. Got annoying and i uninstalled it.

underground1

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2012
Just tested Swipeshiftcaret last night, and I've found that i love Swipeselect more, it's easier to always scroll in the same place and seems like it conflict with note taking app like Notability, I'm unable to draw across the screen.

rob12770

macrumors member
May 28, 2012
Scotland U.K
swipeselects sucks..it messed up my keyboard, made it jumpy as hell..

----------

Loving SwipeSelect!

it would not suprise me if apple had something to do with cydia, cheap/free development....i bet you the could make cydia etc unworkable on mac products but they wont, cos thats where they get all their ideas..nazis they be..

Enlightenment1

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2012
Just tested Swipeshiftcaret last night, and I've found that i love Swipeselect more, it's easier to always scroll in the same place and seems like it conflict with note taking app like Notability, I'm unable to draw across the screen.

I tried it too..... I switched back to SwipeSelect after an hour or so of trial and error. I didn't like moving off the keyboard and onto the screen to move the cursor. If I hadn't come across SwipeSelect, I would of been happy with SwipeShiftCaret.... I did though so I'm sticking with SS :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.