Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jorge76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2012
It must have these characteristics:

- Sync with Google Calendar
- Support for multiple Google calendars
- Offline support
- Minimalistic interface
- Mature and stable

Any suggestions?
Thanks

wadjj

macrumors regular
May 6, 2012
because stock calendar app syncs with google calendar, whatever that syncs with local calendar syncs with google calendar.
I tried four for integration with google task, awesome calendar is cute and lovely probably to gals , pocket informant has most features, calengoo has most features of google calendar, calendars by readdle has no flaw to me except that it doesn't support sub task. None is perfect but I like calendars by readdle most.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
I like Calengoo and the developer is really good at helping when there is a problem. One of the things I like about it is the fact that it will let you have a choice about "snoozing" an alarm, as far as the amount of time.

HiddenPuppy

wadjj

macrumors regular
May 6, 2012
I like Calengoo and the developer is really good at helping when there is a problem. One of the things I like about it is the fact that it will let you have a choice about "snoozing" an alarm, as far as the amount of time.

HiddenPuppy

The rotation lags on my iPad with calengoo

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Agenda doesn't display the actual duration of the items, which to me makes it not that good.

wadjj

macrumors regular
May 6, 2012
Actually even if I got calendars by readdle, very often I end up opening stock calendar app. It has notification for upcoming events, you create events in mail by tapping the event description(sometimes it's smart enough so I don't need to change a thing).
And another seemingly absurd but very true reason is on ipad the calendar icon is the only way to see date...

kobiano

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2012
Whats wrong with the stock calendar app? I use it all the time and it syncs with my google calendar without any problems. Maybe someone can enlighten me to benefits of other calendars?

wadjj

macrumors regular
May 6, 2012
Whats wrong with the stock calendar app? I use it all the time and it syncs with my google calendar without any problems. Maybe someone can enlighten me to benefits of other calendars?

Integraicon with tasks is the reason for me, they belong together.

Roberson

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
I think you should be at ease while using Readdle's Calendars app. If this looks not a good match with your desire, I would want you to please highlight the matters which create hurdle in using it comfortably.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
Not sure if Forum rules allow me to mention my app or not, so...

Thanks, gave it a look, but I need one I can use on iPad and iPhone, and yours just does iPad. Also, I need daily view and agenda view. Does look nice thought.

HiddenPuppy

cfs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
Integraicon with tasks is the reason for me, they belong together.

I love the stock app but if you end up finding one that syns tasks please post. I am curntly using wunderlist and the stock calendar app or this but would really like it all on one app.

Thanks.

wadjj

macrumors regular
May 6, 2012
I love the stock app but if you end up finding one that syns tasks please post. I am curntly using wunderlist and the stock calendar app or this but would really like it all on one app.

Thanks.

Calengoo, calendars by readdle, pocket informant and awesome calendar support google task integration.

Only calengoo supports all the feature from google(e.g. creating sub-tasks) but I do find calendars by readdle more pleasant to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.