Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grizfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
Boise, ID
Hi,

I have Photostream enabled on my iPhone, iPad and Macbook Pro. My daughter has been updating photos on the iPad, and they will show up quickly on the MBP, but my iPhone always seems to lag behind in getting the latest from Photostream. Does the iPhone need a wifi connection in order to synch its Photostream contents?

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
Hi,

I have Photostream enabled on my iPhone, iPad and Macbook Pro. My daughter has been updating photos on the iPad, and they will show up quickly on the MBP, but my iPhone always seems to lag behind in getting the latest from Photostream. Does the iPhone need a wifi connection in order to synch its Photostream contents?

On my iPhone 4, I noticed that Photostream doesn't sync unless battery is over 25%. That could be the reason.

grizfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
Boise, ID
On my iPhone 4, I noticed that Photostream doesn't sync unless battery is over 25%. That could be the reason.

I checked that, I'm at 75% right now. I'm away from my wifi connection at the moment, but I'll keep an eye out for if that makes a difference.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
I checked that, I'm at 75% right now. I'm away from my wifi connection at the moment, but I'll keep an eye out for if that makes a difference.

Well that's the reason right there. You have to be on Wifi for photostream to work. Sorry didn't realize you mentioned that in your original post. Could have told you earlier!

kevinr621

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2010
Photo Stream & iCloud

Im confused, I have taken pictures on my iPhone, enabled photo stream in settings, have 15gb on iCloud, on Mac and iPad photo stream enabled. I log into iCloud on Mac and don't see any photos at all, same goes for iPad. How does one get them fromiphone to iCloud? I assume once there the Mac and iPad will be updated? Where do they eventually end up? In iPhoto? Where on iPad? Photos?

Thanks for any help.

melmjr

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012
Im confused, I have taken pictures on my iPhone, enabled photo stream in settings, have 15gb on iCloud, on Mac and iPad photo stream enabled. I log into iCloud on Mac and don't see any photos at all, same goes for iPad. How does one get them fromiphone to iCloud? I assume once there the Mac and iPad will be updated? Where do they eventually end up? In iPhoto? Where on iPad? Photos?

Thanks for any help.

In iPhoto on the Mac, click on Photo Stream in the left hand column, and choose 'Turn on' when prompted. On the iPad, you need to enable Photo Stream under Settings -> iCloud -> Photo Stream. You should then see a Photo Stream album in the Photos app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.