Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rckclmbr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
I am considering purchasing iTunes Match, and have am looking to see if it would solve my problem. My problem is this: almost all of my music is either purchased from somewhere else other that iTunes or uploaded from CDs. Either way, Genius does not work for nearly any of them. Every time I try to use Genius I get the message "This song does not have enough related songs to create a Genius Playlist." These songs are all mainstream songs that are usually on the iTunes top charts, not obscure bands or anything like that.

Does Genius doesn't work because my music is not purchased from iTunes? If so, would purchasing iTunes Match allow Genius to work better?

Thank you for the help!

G-Prime

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
No, I have iTunes Match and Genius still doesn't work for any of my newer songs. It works great for anything older than about 2 years though, I really hope they fix it with the next iTunes release.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
This used to work GREAT on my iPhone 4S but since I got my 5, i keep getting that it doesn't have enough related songs. I don't get it at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.