Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Hi
I'm in market for new Macbook and I'm looking on Retina one (a bit out of my budget) or 256gb MBA 13'' but if I get it I would like to run couple of games (using Windows) one of them would be Assassins Creed III so can anyone of you new MBA owners try out Assassins Creed Brotherhood or Revelations and tell me how good it runs and may be some other games? I know it's not gaming machine but I would like to be able to play games as well.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
Hi
I'm in market for new Macbook and I'm looking on Retina one (a bit out of my budget) or 256gb MBA 13'' but if I get it I would like to run couple of games (using Windows) one of them would be Assassins Creed III so can anyone of you new MBA owners try out Assassins Creed Brotherhood or Revelations and tell me how good it runs and may be some other games? I know it's not gaming machine but I would like to be able to play games as well.

I know Assassin's Creed 2 is in the App Store, so someone may have it.

Logos327

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
If the games are an important factor, you would be better off getting the retina MBP. That dedicated graphics card will go a long way in game performance in comparison to the integrated Intel 4000 graphics found on the MBAs.

It sounds like the new airs can't even keep up with Diablo III which should be much less taxing than AC III so I wouldn't expect them to be able to run it stably.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
If the games are an important factor, you would be better off getting the retina MBP. That dedicated graphics card will go a long way in game performance in comparison to the integrated Intel 4000 graphics found on the MBAs.

It sounds like the new airs can't even keep up with Diablo III which should be much less taxing than AC III so I wouldn't expect them to be able to run it stably.

I know but I kind of need PC right now but RMBP won't be available in Latvia at least for a month so I hoped that Air would cut it.
Still if someone could try it out and report fps.

Logos327

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
I know but I kind of need PC right now but RMBP won't be available in Latvia at least for a month so I hoped that Air would cut it.
Still if someone could try it out and report fps.

You could always get a little bit scaled down air (say 128gb SSD) and save money until November when you could build a gaming rig for AC III that would even blow the retina MBP out of the water in performance for around $1100-$1300

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
You could always get a little bit scaled down air (say 128gb SSD) and save money until November when you could build a gaming rig for AC III that would even blow the retina MBP out of the water in performance for around $1100-$1300

I have gaming rig right now but in September I'm going to college and I'll take with me only my Mac so this unfortunately is not an option.

snapper64

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2007
I have Assassin's Creed 2 but my Air isn't due for another week. I'll be sure to try it when it arrives though :)

Lindberg

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Denmark, Aarhus
I can't imagine Assassin's Creed 2 will be playable on any MBA. AC2 is a pretty demanding game that even a 15" MBP cant run i high res smoothly.

So it is hard to imagine the MBA play it satisfactory.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
I have Assassin's Creed 2 but my Air isn't due for another week. I'll be sure to try it when it arrives though :)

Thank you, I'm looking forward to it.

I can't imagine Assassin's Creed 2 will be playable on any MBA. AC2 is a pretty demanding game that even a 15" MBP cant run i high res smoothly.

So it is hard to imagine the MBA play it satisfactory.

Hah, it can't be that demanding but I guess my only two options is MBP15'' or RMBP.

Logos327

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
Thank you, I'm looking forward to it.

Hah, it can't be that demanding but I guess my only two options is MBP15'' or RMBP.

I think you should either find a way to bring the desktop or consider On Live which will stream the game to your mac and therefore it won't matter what specs you have.

Don't expect the RMBP to preform that well. We are still talking about a mobile graphics card and a game that comes out six months after said mobile graphics card release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.