Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A number of MacRumors readers are reporting that iCloud services are currently down, and based on the number of reports it appears that the outage is quite widespread. Apple's iCloud system status page is currently acknowledging access issues, although there is no estimate of the proportion of iCloud users being affected.

icloud_connection_error.jpg

Beyond iCloud, Apple's iMessage service also appears to be down, with messages failing to go through as the sending process hangs prior to completion.

Update: Users are also reporting problems with Apple's developer portal and iTunes Store access, although pieces of Apple's online services do appear to be coming back online. We're even hearing that Apple may have experienced Internet issues for its own employees at its Cupertino headquarters.

Update 2: Apple has updated its iCloud system status page to note that "some" users are affected and that service will be restored "ASAP".

Update 3: Roughly two hours after reports of the issues began surfacing, Apple now notes on its iCloud system status page that all services are back online.

Article Link: Apple's iCloud and iMessage Services Experiencing Significant Outage [Update: Resolved]

Last edited:

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Also down is the App Store on iOS devices. Keep getting the "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" message.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
I was just going to send an email but iCloud.com would not load. Then I come to MacRumors and see that there's an outage. :p

Edit: iCloud.com is back up for me.

spiffers

Suspended
Apr 12, 2009
Itunes and developer.apple.com as well

Its impossible to logon to itunes at the moment, developer.apple.com is down as well

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Welcome to the world of Cloud computing when access to your data is in the hand of someone else and stored somewhere else.

You just know sooner of later it's all going to go pear shaped.

The difference is, when it goes wrong, BOY will it go wrong.

tezro

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
The Netherlands here. Not connecting either with Apple Mail.
iCloud webmail signs in, but takes a while to show my emails.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Also down is the App Store on iOS devices. Keep getting the "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" message.

my app store is working fine. imessage is indeed down however. I didn't even know until i read this and went to check on a message i had sent 20 minutes ago. It was hung up... come on apple, these things CANT happen, especially on a weekday.

efp1

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
UK
Facetime isn't working either :(

Edit: Seems to be working now :)

Last edited:

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
"I'm afraid I can't let you do that"

Siri has taken over! :p

Attachments

• Evil-Siri-642x361.jpg
    Evil-Siri-642x361.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 185

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Lack of Reliability is the downside of "the cloud". If you can't get your files, your screwed. Mind you, so far, iCloud has been OK.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
This is why I prefer to have everything stored locally on my device and end up getting the highest capacity I can. A huge drawback of cloud computing is that someone else has to maintain your access.

I wonder how many people had a critical file they couldn't access in iCloud today? Good for managing contacts and calendars but not reliable enough for anything else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.