Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppilone

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
Remember that iMessage does allow you to still send a message as a text. When you tap send quickly tap and hold the message and choose "Send as text message". You can also do this if you try and resend a failed iMessage.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Yea i've been seeing iMessage problems since yesterday and they continue today...

Then again, I've been seeing iMessage problems since iOS 5 beta 1, so it shouldn't come as much surprise.

ristlin

Mar 29, 2012
Welcome to the world of Cloud computing when access to your data is in the hand of someone else and stored somewhere else.

You just know sooner of later it's all going to go pear shaped.

The difference is, when it goes wrong, BOY will it go wrong.

You mean welcome to the world of the Internet... Access to your data is always in the hands of someone else. Some less obvious than others.

Snow Leper

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
Intermittent iMessage service in Los Angeles. Apple Store app has been working fine for me.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Welcome to the world of Cloud computing when access to your data is in the hand of someone else and stored somewhere else.

You just know sooner of later it's all going to go pear shaped.

The difference is, when it goes wrong, BOY will it go wrong.

Cloud computing is nice, but you also need a local mirrored storage. Time Machine/Capsule probably will support iCloud synchronization.

ksgant

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Chicago
Down here for me too. I sent a message to my wife on her @me.com account and it says it can't deliver it. But sending it to her to her iPhone account sends a text message via the AT&T Text messaging service...which is "green" on the iPhone iMessage app...so it just cost me .25 cents to send it when normally it would be free.

Sending it to her on her @me.com account says "This person cannot be reached by iMessage at this time".

WTF is going on?

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
You mean welcome to the world of the Internet... Access to your data is always in the hands of someone else. Some less obvious than others.

Errr, no.

None of my data is stored via the Internet.
None of my data is in the hands of anyone else.
Every piece of my data is stored locally.

Why would I trust a 3rd party with my "only" copy or my "only" means to access my data? That would be beyond dumb.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Cloud computing is nice, but you also need a local mirrored storage. Time Machine/Capsule probably will support iCloud synchronization.

Oh yes, fully agree, throw a little duplicated data into the cloud for things like an iPad as it has such limited storage space itself. But never "RELY" on the cloud for anything that really matters.

britboyj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2009
Down in Dallas. It's intermittently letting me send and telling me they're delivered, but the recipient isn't getting them.

reden

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
This is why I disabled iMessage two months ago. People kept asking why I didn't get the text messages since something happened to my iCloud account. I'll stick to old school texting on this one.

Chopper9

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
Cleveland, OH
iCloud and iMessage suck. They are the most non-apple products/services to date. Buggy, constant issues, not working, etc.

And the fact that you can't change the email address associated with your account is beyond ridiculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.