Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjedj

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2009
Love the Deliveries w/ Add. I may just have to add that to my setup.

Yep, works a treat.

----------

Tip: adding the Input Prompt to the 1Password app URL launches a search straight away -

1password://[prompt]

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Whats the difference between this thread and the iPhone wallpaper thread?

Cant we just enjoy a thread for once without someone complaining? lol

Around here, on these forums? Haha! I just made the suggestion, that's all. There's a thread about Android homescreens in the pictures thread, that's why I said it.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Just got done redoing my bookmarks. Love the little icons!

IMG_0003.PNG

AnthonySmith

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
Southern CA
Anyone know how to add an app to custom launch that is not listed? I have a few apps that I would love to launch but aren't listed within Launch Center to add to the homepage. I see that when I open eBay for instance the url is ebay://

Can I do that with other apps? Such as MLB At Bat?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Anyone know how to add an app to custom launch that is not listed? I have a few apps that I would love to launch but aren't listed within Launch Center to add to the homepage. I see that when I open eBay for instance the url is ebay://

Not yet. It'll probably be added soon though.

AnthonySmith

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
Southern CA
**** it. I can't believe I just wasted $3 on this app. It's too limited. How does it not let me choose what apps I want to launch? It only offers about a third of my apps to launch.

I like it for easy access to my bookmarks, but if I am messaging someone it's just an extra tap.

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
**** it. I can't believe I just wasted $3 on this app. It's too limited. How does it not let me choose what apps I want to launch? It only offers about a third of my apps to launch.

I like it for easy access to my bookmarks, but if I am messaging someone it's just an extra tap.

That's not a limitation of the app itself, it's a limitation of other apps. If an doesn't support url listing in iOS, you can't make an icon inside of this app. Some, like Listary, aren't listed in the app per se, but if you make a custom url link to it like "listary://" it'll work. Not all apps support url labeling like this, so if you can't make an appear, it's not Launch Center Pro's fault.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010

Yes, MLB at Bat does work. Just make the URL "atbat12://" without the quotes. The only downside is that since you're using a custom URL, you don't get the app's icon. Of course some may prefer it this way.

AnthonySmith

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
Southern CA
Yes, MLB at Bat does work. Just make the URL "atbat12://" without the quotes. The only downside is that since you're using a custom URL, you don't get the app's icon. Of course some may prefer it this way.

Is there a way to find out this command for other apps? Such as Mint.com and ScoreMobile. I've tried a lot of variations of those but nothing has worked yet.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
I can just add the book mark to my home screen or I can make 2 taps to compose a message, the same as using Launch Center (two taps as well).

I don't really see the benefit, but rather a waste of money. The developer is a smart man...It's kinda like a placebo effect. People think their doing things quicker, but they're really not. Launch Center pretty much serves as a second home screen / launcher.

Alright, just show us where you can instantly text a certain person, call another, turn your phone into a flashlight, access your favorite apps, google search, adjust brightness, and access a certain bookmark...

All from one place. :rolleyes:

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Alright, just show us where you can instantly text a certain person, call another, instantly turn your phone into a flashlight, access your favorite app, adjust brightness, and access a certain bookmark...

All from one place. :rolleyes:

My home screen.

All I have to do is tap on the Messages icon, tap my Phone app, tap my flashlight app, tap my favorite app, tap my Settings app, or tap my home screen bookmark...all for free without being jailbroken. :)

Honza

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2011
SF Bay Area
One of the biggest features that no one has mentioned is the ability to add a prompt to your shortcuts. For example, for a dictionary shortcut I have a google search for "definition" + a prompt for whatever word I want to know. Google then takes both of those and gives a definition. I haven't had too much time to mess around, but I'm sure there's other fun stuff you can do with the prompt feature. Any ideas?

Here are my screenshots. The bookmarks, phone, a prompt to enter a URL directly into Safari, and the flashlight seem to come most in handy.

Attachments

• IMG_0068.PNG
    IMG_0068.PNG
    967.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0069.PNG
    IMG_0069.PNG
    756.7 KB · Views: 124

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
My home screen.

All I have to do is tap on the Messages icon, tap my Phone app, tap my flashlight app, tap my favorite app, tap my Settings app, or tap my home screen bookmark...all for free without being jailbroken. :)

I think you're missing the point. The point is that it lets you perform ACTIONS, for example, texting a certain person, quickly. Lets say you wanted to message your friend. With Messages, you would have to tap messages, look for their thread, tap it, then tap the text box.

With Launch Center Pro, you just tap the app, tap "Text Friend" and that's it. You're even in the keyboard already. :)

Now just imagine this, but with emails, phone, and websites. Not to mention you can also put apps in this, plus other shortcuts like brightness and flashlight.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Is there a way to find out this command for other apps? Such as Mint.com and ScoreMobile. I've tried a lot of variations of those but nothing has worked yet.

Not at this time. I've learned a ton from just following their twitter account.

Note* If you just look at your timeline, you'll only see tweets they send out. If you view theirs, you can see all of the replies and you'll get a lot more info from them.

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
I think you're missing the point. The point is that it lets you perform ACTIONS, for example, texting a certain person, quickly. Lets say you wanted to message your friend. With Messages, you would have to tap messages, look for their thread, tap it, then tap the text box.

With Launch Center Pro, you just tap the app, tap "Text Friend" and that's it. You're even in the keyboard already. :)

Now just imagine this, but with emails, phone, and websites. Not to mention you can also put apps in this, plus other shortcuts like brightness and flashlight.

Ooorrr, You can open messages, compose and start typing you're friends name in pretty much the same time it takes you to open Launch, tap friend, and start typing. All that, and saving 2.99.

I'm kicking myself for falling for the hype of this app and buying it cause I've never let myself do that and the one time I do, .. yeah.

andylenox

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
grvsWTD.jpg

Here's my home screen. It's a work in progress.

Notable items here:

1. Parse in Fantastical - This brings up a prompt, then exports the text of the prompt right into fantastical's new calendar event thingy. Saves a couple of swipes. This also uses a 'Drafts' action so.

2. Jessica - This just has a bunch of ways to contact my wife. Text, call, email.

359tvew.jpg

My 'Share' menu

Facebook just launches the app, but twitter and post to facebook both have prompts that then post those things to their respective services. Post to facebook uses Drafts again, and their x-callback url scheme to go back to launch center pro when it's done.

mUBdmF4.jpg

My 'Food' Menu. One tap to find nearby grub via yelp. Yelp always searches close to your location, so this is super helpful.

iO0RPgZ.jpg

My 'drafts' menu. Basically any notes I want to take. Drafts just enters a note into drafts app. The evernote link saves a note in drafts, which is exported to evernote. Both use x-callback url scheme to go back to launch center pro when they are done.

vE9rCv5

My omnifocus menu. One just adds a task to omnifocus. THe other adds a task, then copies the clipboard into the notes section.

Stuff I'm working on for the future, and just generally thinking about.

1. I think I might be able to use drafts to chain actions by using the xcallback thing recursively. I haven't tested it yet, but it'll be neat if i can do things like bring up a prompt in launch center pro, then post that text to facebook AND twitter. Or possibly post in facebook AND my Day One app journal.

2. The layout of the icons may seem weird.. I hold my phone with my left hand. I've found that my thumb can block stuff on menu pages, so I try and arrange icons so that my thumb isn't in the way. Still working on getting this right.

3. This app is screaming out for more macros besides just [prompt] and whatever. Some that i'd like to see.
[location] - a macro that did (lat),(long) of your current location would be awesome. THen I could have one button that gets directions from my current location to various places.
[date] - Sometimes it's nice to timestamp things.

4. Someone needs to formalize that x-callback url scheme thing and make it a standard for apps. I want to be able to add a task to omnifocus and have it automatically jump back to launch center pro.

SunnyStudioNeo

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2011
I love these icons. Do they come with this app? Considering buy it.

Here's my home screen. It's a work in progress.

Notable items here:

1. Parse in Fantastical - This brings up a prompt, then exports the text of the prompt right into fantastical's new calendar event thingy. Saves a couple of swipes. This also uses a 'Drafts' action so.

2. Jessica - This just has a bunch of ways to contact my wife. Text, call, email.

My 'Share' menu

Facebook just launches the app, but twitter and post to facebook both have prompts that then post those things to their respective services. Post to facebook uses Drafts again, and their x-callback url scheme to go back to launch center pro when it's done.

My 'Food' Menu. One tap to find nearby grub via yelp. Yelp always searches close to your location, so this is super helpful.

My 'drafts' menu. Basically any notes I want to take. Drafts just enters a note into drafts app. The evernote link saves a note in drafts, which is exported to evernote. Both use x-callback url scheme to go back to launch center pro when they are done.

My omnifocus menu. One just adds a task to omnifocus. THe other adds a task, then copies the clipboard into the notes section.

Stuff I'm working on for the future, and just generally thinking about.

1. I think I might be able to use drafts to chain actions by using the xcallback thing recursively. I haven't tested it yet, but it'll be neat if i can do things like bring up a prompt in launch center pro, then post that text to facebook AND twitter. Or possibly post in facebook AND my Day One app journal.

2. The layout of the icons may seem weird.. I hold my phone with my left hand. I've found that my thumb can block stuff on menu pages, so I try and arrange icons so that my thumb isn't in the way. Still working on getting this right.

3. This app is screaming out for more macros besides just [prompt] and whatever. Some that i'd like to see.
[location] - a macro that did (lat),(long) of your current location would be awesome. THen I could have one button that gets directions from my current location to various places.
[date] - Sometimes it's nice to timestamp things.

4. Someone needs to formalize that x-callback url scheme thing and make it a standard for apps. I want to be able to add a task to omnifocus and have it automatically jump back to launch center pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.