Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Is there a way to make a Duotone image with a selected part of the image, say a PMS red, and the other parts a different PMS? If I just do straight Duotone, then the red and the other color are mixed throughout the image. I want the red on one side, and another color everywhere else. Possible?

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
I haven't done this recently but if you're talking about true duotones for printing's sake, I think this needs to be done through your channels. You add channels for the different spot colors and paste certain parts of your compostion into the appropriate channels. (Then remove the C, M, Y, and if necessary K channels.)

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I think I may have just figured it out just as I got the message that you had responded. Thanks for your help. :)

That didn't end up working, or at least I couldn't get it to, but I found a way by duplicating grayscale channels...

MontyZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2005
To apply a duotone effect to only part of an image, convert the duotone image to Multichannel mode — this converts the duotone curves to spot channels. You can then erase part of the spot channel for areas that you want printed as standard grayscale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.