Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Google just seem to be throwing out product after product after product in a hope one of them will become profitable. They don't have the ideas or skills that Apple had to become as big as it is. They're just stealing everything they've seen other people do well, sell it cheap as chips and sell it to morons.

So you're saying Apple no longer has ideas or skills? Afterall - you used the past tense. :)

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
Google just seem to be throwing out product after product after product in a hope one of them will become profitable. They don't have the ideas or skills that Apple had to become as big as it is. They're just stealing everything they've seen other people do well, sell it cheap as chips and sell it to morons.

You have to try harder, this parody of a fanboy is still a little dull. Perhaps readin gon other forums like the insiders you will get it

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Oh grow up. If you dont like Google, dont post in the Google threads...hardly rocket science. :rolleyes:

Besides, that wouldn't have happened if Apple patched the bug they knew about long ago ;)

Lighten up, Francis. It's a joke. No need to get so worked up about a web browser.

And....well, yeah.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Apple should reject Google Drive out of respect for Dropbox. As Drive is another stolen product by Google. Also the fact that Google clearly states they own anything you put in it.

so is dropbox

MS had a dropbox like product in alpha testing in 2008. it became skydrive. i think the dropbox founder even came from MS. at the very least a lot of people knew about it since it was easy to get in on the alpha

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Until Google Drive let's me to directly edit Google Docs I'll pass, but thanks Google :)

On the other way Ill hope Chrome will be synced with desktop version - then I'll switch to Chrome since it would be a pleasure to use same bookmarks/history items as on the desktop (laptops) and it could be even better - if Apple give us an option in iOS 6 to select custom default browser...which is not likely to happen...

boomboom2

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
Remember Microsoft getting in trouble for Internet Explorer? How long until Apple is forced to let us choose our own default browser! I want this to be the default browser on my iPad so bad.

unlinked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Ireland
Have they solved bookmark syncing yet?

When I was an Android user, one of the biggest frustrations I had was there's no apparent way to sync your desktop bookmarks with the Android browser's bookmarks. You could grab a separate app that would grab your Google bookmarks and launch them in the browser, but - that's just klunky as all get out, switching apps just to get to your bookmarks!

It just seemed like such a bizarre thing to not support. Every other browser on every other mobile platform does it...

Bookmark sync was added in Android 3.1.

geniusj

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2004
Santa Clara, CA

Google has self-driving cars working on public roads. I think that's all that needs to be said about that.

jroadley

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2009
Norwich, UK
Welcome Google Drive - just can't see me making the move when Dropbox provides the perfect workflow between all my Apple/Microsoft/Mobile devices.

But bring on Chrome - want that as default brower in iOS

unlinked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Ireland
so is dropbox

MS had a dropbox like product in alpha testing in 2008. it became skydrive. i think the dropbox founder even came from MS. at the very least a lot of people knew about it since it was easy to get in on the alpha

And AOL had XDrive in 2005.
I imagine people have been syncing files over the internet since they invented the internet.

Mazda 3s

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
That's besides the point. The point is you can do almost everything Chrome does with Apple's Safari if you really wanted to. Chrome has passwords + extensions, Safari has the Nitro javascript engine. Them be the differences.

But I don't use Safari on my MBA -- I use Chrome. So syncing with my MBA to my iPad and iPhone is useless.

With Chrome for iOS, all of my devices will be in sync.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
I'll probably try it out but I don't think it will be as fast as Safari. Safari works well for me. The only thing I wish they would bring is the unified adress bar.

dthmtlgod

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2007
Syracuse, NY
I'll probably try it out but I don't think it will be as fast as Safari. Safari works well for me. The only thing I wish they would bring is the unified adress bar.

Chrome is the fastest browser on my iMac and Macbook, nothing is even close.
I hope the same holds true for iOS.

tomtendo

Suspended
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
Why don't these companies allow us to edit our documents within the app? IT BOGGLES MY MIND!

This is the #1 feature want. Instead, we still can't edit it. Google Drive, DropBox... I want the same editing capability as the web browser or inside Office or iWork.

PLEASE!

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010

lol what's apple doing... They tweak the designs (for the better) of already existing products and sell it super high to morons (like us who can't stop craving apple products ;) )

Apple is big because they sell stuff super expensive and people actually buy it. Essentially we are paying $1000 bucks for an operating system, and the design is a bonus, but that's about it...

Now I know people are going to raging on me, so just to be clear: It's my two cents :D

iSRS

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
Yikes. Poor Apple.

Google is taking over.

Yeah. Yet, ironically, all the others (amazon, google, Microsoft) release their services for iOS, where the others may have some of the completion, none of them have iBooks, iTunes, etc.

As far as where you purchase your consumable content? Apple is the most flexible and, open.

rezzo

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2006
Chile
Chrome is the fastest browser on my iMac and Macbook, nothing is even close.
I hope the same holds true for iOS.

Sadly I don't think so. Chrome will still use Apple's WebKit-based engine required by the App Store developer guidelines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.