Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freeskier989

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2007
Hi Freeskier989,

I’m the new General Manager of Colcasac and I’m sorry to hear that your Retina sleeve does not fit your Retina. I’d also like to apologize for any delay in communication in helping to get this problem resolved.

I can confirm that at the moment our Retina packaging is not yet in print due to the short time scales involved, but our Retina sleeves are made specifically for the Retina, in our Utah factory, and are designed to fit your laptop perfectly. If that’s not the case with your sleeve then we are at fault and we’ll get this issue resolved for you.

Rest assured, if once I have gone through the information and can determine that you were either sent the wrong item, or that it did not fit, we will re-credit any amount you have paid for shipping it back to us (via the means that you made the payment), as well ensuring that you are sent the right item.

I can see Email and chat transcripts that relates to a similar issue in our system but please can you email contact@colcasac.com with your details (Ref: Freeskier989) so that I can be sure I am looking through the correct information. Or, please PM me and I will provide my direct Email.

I look forward to hearing from you and to getting this issue resolved quickly and satisfactorily.

Marcus

Well i have to gladly, reverse my take on your customer service. I was outreached by Mercedes and they sent out a new one. Originally i was going to say screw it just refund, but due to the nice and customer friendly response i received i opted to give them another chance to make good. Its on its way and will report back.

Thing is, i have to think the one i got was either just miss-stiched, or was for a 13" macbook because as i mentioned it did not fit correctly at all. I could not get it in evenly, with seams at the sides, and the bottom was wider than the rest leaving the end baggy and miss-fit. I will PM you my info, but think you do see the same person on your backend system conversations as myself.

Thanks again for really stepping up to the plate on this. As i said, im glad to be wrong about your company and look forward to seeing the product work for my laptop. Note to all - these guys are doing everything right to make the customer happy and thats all we can ask for.

Mark

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
Well i have to gladly, reverse my take on your customer service. I was outreached by Mercedes and they sent out a new one. Originally i was going to say screw it just refund, but due to the nice and customer friendly response i received i opted to give them another chance to make good. Its on its way and will report back.

Thing is, i have to think the one i got was either just miss-stiched, or was for a 13" macbook because as i mentioned it did not fit correctly at all. I could not get it in evenly, with seams at the sides, and the bottom was wider than the rest leaving the end baggy and miss-fit. I will PM you my info, but think you do see the same person on your backend system conversations as myself.

Thanks again for really stepping up to the plate on this. As i said, im glad to be wrong about your company and look forward to seeing the product work for my laptop. Note to all - these guys are doing everything right to make the customer happy and thats all we can ask for.

Mark

And all it took was a public post on a forum where members post 'hey look at this case i just found, oh, and theres a video on youtube i just happened to stumble upon' yet they have the company linked in the sig.......

I'm glad they finally stepped up and solved their mistakes. Hope you get a case you are satisfied with and fits your rMBP.

I wonder what would have happened to those who didn't post on a forum.......

Fortimir

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I can't find a single sleeve that I like (yeah... I'm very picky!).

I consider myself outrageously picky when it comes to cases. Don't tell me you don't think this one isn't good enough... unless there's some weird feature set you want. This is premium looks, build, durability, and size.

full2_large.jpg

Making of video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF-oT5iZ11k

Buy here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PicasoLab

Jnava420

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Lincoln, NE
ColcaSac

just received my black ColcaSac sleeve. First impressions are that I'm impressed with it. Seems to be well made and should last a long time. The hemp feel to the outside gives it this sturdiness almost a trick just idk i feel like its protected fairly well just because of the ruggedness of it. Inside its padded with a fluffy I'm not sure what you would call it but almost like cotton. The velcro latch gives a person comfort that the sleeve will stay close, even if you pick it up the wrong way. I don't see the front pocket getting too much use, but hey thats just me. I'm sure others could find a good use for it. Overall I think anyone that would purchase this sleeve would be happy with it and content that their RMBP is protected, plus you still keep a very slim profile with this beauty on.

Fortimir

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
750 bucks, have fun! If I ever see you on the metro or out in dc, I'll be sure to compliment you!

Uhh... yikes. For that price you can get a designer bag from most anyone... but really, it makes the Picaso Lab slips @ $99 or the Waterfield cases @ $175 look like absolute STEALS. ;-)

d3bruts1d

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2009
TN
Well just received my ColcaSac for my Retina, and guess what? Does not even fit! Its like they made it the width of the iPad - i dont think they even had a Retina to make their pattern from, just made the one for the 15" hemmed in a bit more, making it not fit at all!

Did you try to put it on ? When I first got mine, I looked at and looked at my rMBP and said there is no way this is going to fit, but then it did. It is a snug fit but fits perfectly.

Just how snug is yours? I got mine on Thursday but just now got around to looking at it. I can not slide mine straight in with the seams on the side, I basically have to have one seam on top and one on bottom which messes with the position of the velcro and causes a "puffy" area in one of the corners.

I like the case for the most part, but it does not feel like it was made specifically for the rMBP. I'm also concerend about the seams rubbing the rMBP over time (it's that tight in areas).

freeskier989

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2007
Just how snug is yours? I got mine on Thursday but just now got around to looking at it. I can not slide mine straight in with the seams on the side, I basically have to have one seam on top and one on bottom which messes with the position of the velcro and causes a "puffy" area in one of the corners.

I like the case for the most part, but it does not feel like it was made specifically for the rMBP. I'm also concerend about the seams rubbing the rMBP over time (it's that tight in areas).

Thats what mine was like. The thing was too small to make the seams fit flush on the sides and that in turn made the whole thing not fold over with the flap correctly, and the bottom was baggy because of the taper effect.

Sounds like you received one just like i did. My replacement comes tomorrow, we will see if i get another bad one or if i get one that is fixed. They have been receptive and even reached out to me on the posts here.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011

I can slide mine in and there is no baggy area or gap. I wonder if there was a batch that got switched somehow on accident.

psykick5

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2011
I got the Thule case at the Apple Store and I like it a lot. For now I'm carrying it in an American Express bag I got for free at a conference in Vegas. Probably will get the bigger Thule backpack later this summer, though.

Themegamacman

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012

Attachments

• 71NShIt5UKL.jpeg
    71NShIt5UKL.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 279

keramidas

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Word. I thought they looked amazing... then I watched that video. I ordered one immediately.

man i already have a case and as soon as i saw it i decided to order one.

i selected black and red, tried to order and before i could fill in the details it was sold out....

only brown left

Fortimir

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
i selected black and red, tried to order and before i could fill in the details it was sold out....

Etsy is really weird about how they make vendors display stock. I'd contact Alex at Picaso Lab and ask him. Since they are made-to-order, I can't imagine why he couldn't take care of you. Really nice guy and the only guy doing it all!

keramidas

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
Etsy is really weird about how they make vendors display stock. I'd contact Alex at Picaso Lab and ask him. Since they are made-to-order, I can't imagine why he couldn't take care of you. Really nice guy and the only guy doing it all!

Yeah maybe that's better and it's the whole "shipping to Canada" thing.. I should probably ask about that, even though NAFTA exists (supposedly no duties on north-american-produced products) still people at customs just do whatever-they-basically-want.

by the man, congrats on the website man, impressive work. well done.

davidrellis

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012

I received my sleeve early this week and I did notice that the sides of the sleeve were narrower on mouth of the sleeve down to the bottom of the sleeve. The reason I'm asking is because I haven't received my rmbp yet and I'd like to know if I might have issues with the sleeve.
Did it look like this, because that's what mine looks like maybe except a bit more narrower sides.
IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

Thanks for your help!

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I received my sleeve early this week and I did notice that the sides of the sleeve were narrower on mouth of the sleeve down to the bottom of the sleeve. The reason I'm asking is because I haven't received my rmbp yet and I'd like to know if I might have issues with the sleeve.
Did it look like this, because that's what mine looks like maybe except a bit more narrower sides.

Thanks for your help!

Mine was narrow like that and I didn't think it'd fit but it fit perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.