Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phlux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2012
I saw a video on here months ago that demonstrated the original Android phone that looked a lot like a blackberry, but now I can't find it. Does anyone happen to have that video, by chance?

Thanks!

kdarling

macrumors P6
You mean this one on YouTube?

(In case you're interested, the touchscreen version starts at 2:55)

---

While I have your eyes, please note that too many posters think Android was trying to look like a Blackberry, as if that was the only keyboard smartphone. Hardly.

---

First off, the demo keyboard-equipped phone is a clone of a known Windows Mobile smartphone.

Secondly, they were clearly trying to be a WinMo competitor, which came in both non-touch and touchscreen versions ("Smartphone" and "Pro").

Nobody in their right mind at the time would've given any thought to competing with RIM and their patented push network.

Thanks for listening. As you were :)

Last edited:

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
You mean this one on YouTube?

(In case you're interested, the touchscreen version starts at 2:55)

---

While I have your eyes, please note that too many posters think Android was trying to look like a Blackberry, as if that was the only keyboard smartphone. Hardly.

---

First off, the demo keyboard-equipped phone is a clone of a known Windows Mobile smartphone.

Secondly, they were clearly trying to be a WinMo competitor, which came in both non-touch and touchscreen versions ("Smartphone" and "Pro").

Nobody in their right mind at the time would've given any thought to competing with RIM and their patented push network.

Thanks for listening. As you were :)

Thank you, I also forgot about the Samsung Jack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.