Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I just started using a new Mac and I can't get the feature where you can set a gesture to open a app/file/script to work. I tried different gestures, files and folders. I select them but then it just stays blank next to the gesture. It worked great on my late 2010 MBA.

Fuzzi

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2009
Hi, BTT dev here ;-)
There seems to be a bug with this feature, I'm currently investigating what's causing this on some systems.

//edit: would be great if you'd use the "Report a bug/feedback" feature from the BTT menubar icon, this will give me some more information about your system. If you do so please add your username to the comment so I know it's you :)

Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Hi, BTT dev here ;-)
There seems to be a bug with this feature, I'm currently investigating what's causing this on some systems.

//edit: would be great if you'd use the "Report a bug/feedback" feature from the BTT menubar icon, this will give me some more information about your system. If you do so please add your username to the comment so I know it's you :)

Just sent one. I'd appreciate any help. I loved using this feature on my previous Mac which was a late 2010 11" MBA running 10.7.4. Now I'm on a mid 2012 11" MBA running 10.7.4.

P0stalTek

Suspended
Feb 25, 2011
Since there is a BTT developer here.. I have a seemingly silly question to ask you: How on earth do I make BTT automatically load on startup?? :confused:

Thanks ahead of time.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Since there is a BTT developer here.. I have a seemingly silly question to ask you: How on earth do I make BTT automatically load on startup?? :confused:

Thanks ahead of time.

Open BTT > click on Basic Settings at the top > select Launch BTT at startup.

P0stalTek

Suspended
Feb 25, 2011
Open BTT > click on Basic Settings at the top > select Launch BTT at startup.

Thank you so much. For some reason, I could not find that stupid setting. I love your application, keep up the great work. I also purchased BetterSnapTool as a Windows convert. ;)

EDIT: Just noticed it was the OP that helped me, thanks to you. The rest of the comment was directed at the BTT developer that posted in response to ya. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Fuzzi

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2009
thanks! I think I was able to track down the bug. I'll send you a version to test soon.

Jynto

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK
As possible workaround, you could set the mouse gesture to perform a keyboard shortcut (one that you don't use for anything else) and use Spark (or a similar utility) to set that keyboard shortcut to open that app.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
As possible workaround, you could set the mouse gesture to perform a keyboard shortcut (one that you don't use for anything else) and use Spark (or a similar utility) to set that keyboard shortcut to open that app.

Thanks for telling me about Spark! I'll use it until I hear back from the BTT dev.

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
Having the same problem as well! It worked fine until I recently did a clean install of Lion to get ready for Mountain Lion later this month. After the clean install I cannot get BTT to open an app! It was one of my favorite features because I never had to click any icons. It's much more convenient and much quicker. I will send a bug report as well with my username attached. Keep up the good work!

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Having the same problem as well! It worked fine until I recently did a clean install of Lion to get ready for Mountain Lion later this month. After the clean install I cannot get BTT to open an app! It was one of my favorite features because I never had to click any icons. It's much more convenient and much quicker. I will send a bug report as well with my username attached. Keep up the good work!

I'm not happy to see you're having the same problem but it's good to know that it's not something wrong with my computer specifically. I hope the dev replies soon. I miss this feature.

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
I'm not happy to see you're having the same problem but it's good to know that it's not something wrong with my computer specifically. I hope the dev replies soon. I miss this feature.

Me too. Hopefully they can figure it out soon! I'd like to get it resolved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.