Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac2004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
I need a good accounting application for my iMac. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's for a small business and I mostly do invoicing, etc.

Who makes the best accounting software for Apple? QuickBooks 2011, Quicken, iBank, Sage Peachtree, MYOB AccountEdge, iBiz?

Hopefully someone can give me some suggestions. I definitely want it to be user (and Apple) friendly with a good interface.

senseless

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
I've used MYOB account edge for many years and it's never crashed or caused any problems. It's double entry accounting method, so you need some basic knowledge of what to debit and credit.

beemerrider

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
Account Edge

We've used Account Edge Networking addition for 10 years now with up to seven users at a time. It is great software from an accounting and reliability aspect, but if you ever intend on using more than two CPU's/users at a time accessing the accounting database, be prepared for some slow computing. If you look on their forums, that is the number one complaint with a lot of people leaving the program. But I see no other alternative out there for the mac that is that powerful far as feature set. It just runs really, really slow in a network environment. Their common answer is, T1000 based ethernet, no wireless, Intel Duo at the minimum, dedicated quad core server, etc. And from experience I can tell you if you don't do that, you will be really frustrated at how slow it can be. Literally I have people waiting in line to be able to post something on a busy day. Yet with all this complaining, it works great in our work flow of tracking time on a single project from multiple employees and bring all that info into one invoice really easy.

I use iBank for home accounting and love it. If iBiz had more features, I would go with it. They are very responsive to user input and are priced reasonably. If your needs are not that heavy, lots of inventory, payroll, etc. I would try iBiz, otherwise go for account edge.

jazzalbart

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2012
MYOB AccountEdge is one of the more robust accounting software for the Mac, AccountEdge is available in both single-user and network editions. Time tracking, invoicing, bill pay and report generation are all included.

toronto accountants

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.