Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Best to sell him now and try to get as much as you can I suppose, rather than let him sneak off for nothing next summer. :eek:

Here are our new 'polyester rags' as JC would like to call them:
Can't say that I'm that keen on the home shirt, I'm afraid – the hoops are too broad and too few. Puma can be very hit and miss, their 'King' template last season was very nice and adapted well across a great many clubs, Reading's home shirt included. But their new template looks a bit bashed together, nothing seems to sit right.

La-di-da cambookpro, Waitrose again. :)
<Mutter mutter bloody Cash Converters> :mad:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
RVP has said does not intend to renew his contract when it runs out next summer. Arsenal will be forced to sell him now or see him go on a free.

A bit of a shabby move on RVP's part. Arsenal still have time to sign a replacement but they will have to scramble now.

Standard Chartered is boring if lucrative, but Barbasol? Now that's a macho sponsor!

barbasol.jpg

Last edited:

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
takao - how long does Robben have?

very likely as long as they can keep him healthy to play those 20 games per season .. his overall statistics for them: 62 games and 42 goals + high number of assists

FC Hollywood is back ! :D

indeed ... i'm predicting "Mandzukic annoyed for sitting on the bench","Hoeneß mad with Sammer" headlines within 6 months ;)

... van Persie leaving arsenal sure is a downer, looks like the squad really has been falling apart the last 3 years, i was looking forward to a Podolski-van Persie strike partnership

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings

The Glazers will be down there soon.:(

takao - Robben - was wondering about his attitude, but I guess with those figures he'd have to do something really stupid.

RVP - if happy with his fitness and mind, I'd keep him for the season - unless a very high bid came in, but any doubt, sell.

Cheers,
OW

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
The Glazers will be down there soon.:(

takao - Robben - was wondering about his attitude, but I guess with those figures he'd have to do something really stupid.

RVP - if happy with his fitness and mind, I'd keep him for the season - unless a very high bid came in, but any doubt, sell.

Cheers,
OW

Robben is with Bayern till 2015, not on friendly terms with Ribery and is said to keep to himself a lot. With Sammer at the wheel, you never know what will happen, kind of unlikely though that he will transfer anywhere this summer.

takao- Mandzukic will play whatever amount of games Robben/Ribery are injured ;)

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
RVP has said does not intend to renew his contract when it runs out next summer. Arsenal will be forced to sell him now or see him go on a free.

A bit of a shabby move on RVP's part. Arsenal still have time to sign a replacement but they will have to scramble now.

Standard Chartered is boring if lucrative, but Barbasol? Now that's a macho sponsor!

They're just trying to corner the Latin King market.;)

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off

He's probably not in a good frame of mind right now, given what happened at the Euros. I think Arsenal ought to sell ASAP and hope they can pick up a useful striker before August. The likelihood of finding a direct replacement is remote though.

Arsenal fans will have to hope that Podolski and Giroud come good quickly.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Best to sell him now and try to get as much as you can I suppose, rather than let him sneak off for nothing next summer. :eek:

Can't say that I'm that keen on the home shirt, I'm afraid – the hoops are too broad and too few. Puma can be very hit and miss, their 'King' template last season was very nice and adapted well across a great many clubs, Reading's home shirt included. But their new template looks a bit bashed together, nothing seems to sit right.

I have to agree. Hoops seems to have been getting fat over the summer break! At least they go all the way around though, unlike the past couple of years' horizontal stripes!

Oh well, our deal with the company who supplies our kits who get them from Puma expires next season I think. Adidas please!

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK

Cheers,
OW
Indeed, if he's in the right frame of mind his goals should get Arsenal into a CL spot, which in revenue alone, would pay for a new striker

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Be careful what you wish for, cambookpro. I've been a bit disappointed with Adidas' offerings for us over the past two years, the away shirts have been fine but the home versions have been poor.

Umbro did some very nice shirts for us, still template designs but with just enough little tweaks to make them feel a little more individual. It's just a shame our deal with them ended the season before they started rolling the nice 'Tailored' stuff out across their club sides. :eek:

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
In the papers here in the Netherlands, RvP said that he wants to leave Arsenal because he believes that they are not serious about winning any silverware.
He wants to win something big in his career, and he does not think that Arsenal are the team to do that any more.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
very likely as long as they can keep him healthy to play those 20 games per season .. his overall statistics for them: 62 games and 42 goals + high number of assists

indeed ... i'm predicting "Mandzukic annoyed for sitting on the bench","Hoeneß mad with Sammer" headlines within 6 months ;)

... van Persie leaving arsenal sure is a downer, looks like the squad really has been falling apart the last 3 years, i was looking forward to a Podolski-van Persie strike partnership

i hate the gooners but that would have been interesting to see..

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
But where next for RvP?

Man City - Well, they can certainly afford him, but with Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez (possibly) and Ballotelli there already, he may not be the lead striker if he heads off up the M6...

Man U - Just can't see it. Would they pay? He's what, 29 and injury prone. Wellbeck looks like he might have a bright future and Hernandez seems to find the net often enough. Rooney & RvP could make a good partnership though and Man U did only loose out on goal difference last season...

Barca - With Messi and Villa (coming back from injury) do they really need him? Great sub for them, if he's happy warming the bench for 60 minutes.

Real - Maybe, but they didn't seem short of goals last season.

If he wants to win a title, surely Celtic is the place to go? :)

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
At least one of the board members is thinking the right way. Shame he doesn't own the majority stake.

I'd rather see him take control, and have David Dein back at the club. Stan Kronke and Gazidis are clueless and useless.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Indeed, if he's in the right frame of mind his goals should get Arsenal into a CL spot, which in revenue alone, would pay for a new striker

That's chancy though. Look what happened to Spurs...you can't even count on fourth place to get you in these days.

:D

Many Rangers fans online seem to be voting for the 3rd Division out of spite, in the hopes that it will suck other SPL clubs into administration and destroy Scottish football in some sort of revenge move. Talk about cutting off one's nose to spite one's face...

At least one of the board members is thinking the right way. Shame he doesn't own the majority stake.

I would not be terribly eager to leap into Usmanov's arms. There is no guarantee that he'd be willing to bleed money like Abramovich and Mansour. Maybe he would, but that's risky.

New Liverpool kit

I don't like it. It looks like a youth rec-league uniform to me for some reason.

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
But where next for RvP?

Man City - Well, they can certainly afford him, but with Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez (possibly) and Ballotelli there already, he may not be the lead striker if he heads off up the M6...

Man U - Just can't see it. Would they pay? He's what, 29 and injury prone. Wellbeck looks like he might have a bright future and Hernandez seems to find the net often enough. Rooney & RvP could make a good partnership though and Man U did only loose out on goal difference last season...

Barca - With Messi and Villa (coming back from injury) do they really need him? Great sub for them, if he's happy warming the bench for 60 minutes.

wow. SPL? he'd have to play barefoot to make it fair. :)

i'd love to see it though.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
But where next for RvP?

don't count out the italian teams ... juventus, milan etc. very likely could need a striker of his calibre
PSG might also be a fit with their deep pockets

in other news the german association of football players(members from league 1 to 4) voted for the 'team' of the season:

Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Gladbach)
Philipp Lahm (Bayern)
Mats Hummels (Dortmund)
Dante (Gladbach)
Lukasz Piszczek (Dortmund)
David Alaba (Bayern)
Franck Ribery (Bayern)
Shinji Kagawa (Dortmund)
Marco Reus (Gladbach)
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke)
Mario Gomez (Bayern)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
But where next for RvP?

I can see him joining either Barca or Real. Real being a bit more realistic, as Higuain could change squad, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.