Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wala

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
I saw in another forum that Mac keyboards can be used on PCs. Has anyone tried that for the mouse?

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I used my Apple mouse with my roommate's Dull laptop, and it worked fine.

That being said, I felt bad for my mouse because it had to be connected to the Dull :p

sk8erboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
sour. what works for mac works for PeeC.
thank the lord it isnt the other way around, as i post this on my ibm thinkpad. hehe.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
pulsewidth947 said:
how do you right click then?

I was borrowing my mum's Windows laptop once, and I didn't want to use the laptop keyboard so I plugged in my Apple keyboard and mouse. All went fine until I tried to control-click :rolleyes:

Fortunately the internal trackpad has two buttons.

Related question: Back in the mid-90s, I had heard that the right mouse button was a 'shortcut button' to let you quickly get at common commands. How do you do an 'Arrange by Name' on the desktop icons without using the shortcut menu?

Or, for that matter, how do you open an item on the desktop? After all, a double-click is the shortcut for 'perform the default action'.

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Many years, many machines

Yup - I've been using Mac keyboards and mice on Wintel machines since the current mice (post hockey pucks) came out.

It's kind of funny - on some machines, they work flawlessly. On others, you can't even get it to accept your typed letters without a driver. But, I guess that's why it's called "plug 'n pray". :)

So, yes, use your Mac input devices. Your joints will thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.