Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
I'm sure the right people already know, but just in case...

Some simple actions are taking 5-10 seconds and even longer.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm noticing it too.

When clicking on a thread, the highlighted item is where it seems to be hanging up. Within a few seconds, everything loads quickly. But before that, it's a tad slow.

Same experience on Safari and Chrome.

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-22%20at%205.07.21%20PM.png

and

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-22%20at%205.07.51%20PM.png

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
I believe it's where all the graphics are stored that is running slower. On Chrome I always see "Waiting for cdn.macrumors.com."

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I'm sure the right people already know, but just in case...

Some simple actions are taking 5-10 seconds and even longer.

I'm noticing it too.

When clicking on a thread, the highlighted item is where it seems to be hanging up. Within a few seconds, everything loads quickly. But before that, it's a tad slow.

Same experience on Safari and Chrome.

and

This still happening? Or did it resolve itself?

arn

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
I've noticed the front page loading extremely slowly today, or at least the right hand section with forum threads. It's been so slow that I've opened a new tab, gone off to another site and then come back after the front page has finished loading

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The forum is running fine for me. Macman45 maybe open up Activity Window in Safari and see which link is causing the problems for you and post it for Arn & Co.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Now everything seems slow, graphics (Quote, Reply and other buttons, avatars) don't show up and so on. It seems to happen with every page (I sampled a few).

----------

Okay, I just tried to edit the above post (to add new information (Firefox shows text links instead of missing graphics), and I go the "Invalid Thread" page, like when you open a recently closed/deleted thread. Bastards.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Now everything seems slow, graphics (Quote, Reply and other buttons, avatars) don't show up and so on. It seems to happen with every page (I sampled a few).

----------

Okay, I just tried to edit the above post (to add new information (Firefox shows text links instead of missing graphics), and I go the "Invalid Thread" page, like when you open a recently closed/deleted thread. Bastards.

I was about to when the site went down...Now all seems well again, all avatars are displaying and page loads are back to normal...Re-boot I guess?

It must be or have been one of the servers in your area(s) is my guess. I'm not experiencing any of those issues in the Michigan, USA area.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I've been getting extremely slow performance from the forum over the past few days. Threads and User CP take sometimes over a minute to load. Naturally, I've reset Safari, checked my connection speed, verified it doesn't affect other sites, etc. Anyone else seeing this?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I've been getting extremely slow performance from the forum over the past few days. Threads and User CP take sometimes over a minute to load. Naturally, I've reset Safari, checked my connection speed, verified it doesn't affect other sites, etc. Anyone else seeing this?

Working fine for me. Maybe you have a virus.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Yeah, definitely some backend issues on forums.macrumors.com this morning. Other sites, like the main page, loading fine & dandy, but definitely some intermittent issues on the forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.