Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gunny011

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2011
Not bad for my first phone when I was 10 and only sent a few messages every day!

Attachments

• 02 - Philips Savvy dB.jpg
    02 - Philips Savvy dB.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 3,558

Biggs88

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012

Motorola StarTac... Yes. LED display.

My uncle had one of these when they first came out. He owned a multi million dollar business at the time and he drove a SL500.

Man I always thought he was so bad ass.

I remember he used to have like twenty spare batteries around his house and car!

Jb07

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2011
Dallas
My uncle had one of these when they first came out. He owned a multi million dollar business at the time and he drove a SL500.

Man I always thought he was so bad ass.

I remember he used to have like twenty spare batteries around his house and car!

You're use of past tense makes me wonder what happened to your uncle...:eek::confused:

Anyway here's mine:
nokia-3310-troubleshooting.jpg

Hand-me-down Nokia 3310! I loved that thing.:)

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I think this was my model, it looked like this one. Except mine said Cingular on it. It also came with a goofy looking rubber skin that wrapped around it. Had a built-in FM radio and allowed text messaging, before they started charging for it.

motov120_motorola.jpg

I then moved on to a crappy Sprint flip phone, don't remember the model but I do remember it was silver and blue. After that it was the original Razr, then the Samsung Blackjack, then another Razr because the Blackjack crashed. Then a POS Motorola flip phone that I threw at a wall, lol, again don't remember the model. Then the HTC Fuze, the iPhone 3G (my first ever Apple product), a Blackberry Bold 2, and now my iPhone 4S.

ppcg4mac

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2012
Northwest Kansas
Generic Motorola GoPhone, Motorola SLVR(brick-type RAZR), Sony Erricson w105i, Or the same model that Zohan had in that movie.... Generic Samsung flip phone (beacuse i spilled tea on the sony...)

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
First phone I didn't share with my dad, Nokia 3100. Got it as an middle school graduation present in the summer of 2003. It was the most rugged phone I've ever owned, too.

nokia_3100.jpg

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Nokia 8265 on AT&T, the first phone after the popular 8210 in Charlies Angels. The 8265 was the first one with a WHITE screen instead of the crappy dim green, loved it to death and indestructible.

After that, I had a KRZR on Verizon:

krzr2.jpg

motorola_krzr_k1_review.jpg

I REALLY loved that KRZR and still do, it was the absolute PERFECT size.

Would a KRZR work on today's networks???

Biggs88

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
You're use of past tense makes me wonder what happened to your uncle...:eek::confused:

Anyway here's mine:
Hand-me-down Nokia 3310! I loved that thing.:)

Nothing crazy!

He sold the company, retired, been in the stock market ever since. Now he is all about "saving" money. He now drives a used 2004 Lincoln and uses coupons while shopping! LOL. He's "normal" now. No longer the bad ass. . . .

Jb07

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2011
Dallas
Nothing crazy!

He sold the company, retired, been in the stock market ever since. Now he is all about "saving" money. He now drives a used 2004 Lincoln and uses coupons while shopping! LOL. He's "normal" now. No longer the bad ass. . . .

That's a big lifestyle change. :eek:
I couldn't do it.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Despite the many conveniences and resources of a smartphone, I have to say that I miss the simplicity of old-school phones. Just plain ole calling and texting.

abdelrm

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Nokia 3200

nokia-3200-3.jpg

from 2004 to 2008. I still have the phone with it's original box and everything that came with it. What fond memories. Following this was the iPhone 3G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.