Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssmin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
I have an iPhone 3GS, sn 88130... 5.1.1, model MB718LL, new br, I think it is a refurb from apple.
I flashed it to the iPad baseband and now I have no wifi nor Bluetooth. No modem firmware no iccid info.
Tried to downgrade to 05.3.14 but I don't see any change.
While flashing and downgrading I noticed that the phone would be Stuck at the "flashing baseband don't interrupt" screen for a few minutes and from there went straight into rebooting itself even tough the status bar was showing half completion.
The phone boots, stays on for a few minutes and then reboots by itself.
It does it continuously till it runs out of battery.
Have I just bricked my phone? Is there something I can do about it ?
Please help. Thanks

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You ruined the phone.
You cannot install the ipad baseband on that 3GS since its the newer with the fixed baseband. Next time ask and verify before you do something that could potentially render your phone useless.
You fried all the radios in it and there's no way to undo it unless you replace the logic board.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
You have already received the answer to this on DevTeam Blog.
We gave you the same info "Juice" gave you.

Remember we advised you not to try this when you first asked and you tried it anyway.
And fried your bb chip.

Code:
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/26534086824/baseband-freedom
ssminxxl thread

ssminxxl11p · 14 hours ago
I have an Iphone 3GS sn 88130 on 5.1.1 ..... is it possible to flash the baseband to the Ipad 06.15.00 ???
Block IPDelete Report
13 replies · active 26 minutes ago
+2
slavakulikoff130p · 13 hours ago
No! Too close to cut off line.
Block IPDelete Report
+1
dhlizard139p · 13 hours ago
I agree, some xx128 phones have been damaged by flashing iPad baseband

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I've heard iPhones from xx127 to xx134 and higher have the incompatible baseband ending in EH instead of EE. You just have to flip over the lower shielding if you fall into that range to verify although as you get further and further away from xx134, you're more likely to have it and brick your iPhone. If you have the 5K as the first 2 digits, there's a chance that you have the compatible baseband, but it's still less likely than under xx127.

You'll need to swap the baseband now through a service, which costs anywhere from $50 to $100.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.