Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RVspidey

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
So...

I've been searching a bit but with no luck...

I have this dream of living full time in an rv, but before i buy it i really want to see how it works in a game or simulation .. I will basically live like im in an rv, where if i for example need groceries i will drive the rv to the store, and then IRL i will go out for shopping.

I have done a bit gta san andreas because you can get an rv there, but its not that good..

So, is there any games that can simulate the awesome life of a full time rv'er ?

Renzatic

Suspended
Hey, can't knock the guy for having a dream. I can see the appeal of wanting the ability to go where the hell ever with most of the comforts of home.

And no, I don't think there's a single RV living simulator out there. I did a cursory Google search and came up empty. Most I can tell you to do is go camping at the local KOA, and when you pack up your tent to go home, make motor noises with your mouth.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I haven't seen a "simulator" either. However, here are some RV-related websites that you may find interesting and informative, if you haven't checked them out already:

RV Dreams (www.rv-dreams.com)

RV Living (www.rvliving.net)

Go RVing (www.gorving.com): A bit more commercially-biased than the others, but nicely done.

I don't have the disposable income or the space to have an RV, nor would I use it much currently. However, just for grins, I "window shopped" at a local RV dealer a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised at the range of products nowadays. There was one I stepped into that was essentially a luxury hotel room with wheels and a motor (click here to see the photos; it's still online as of this posting). Of course, it was the most expensive model in the showroom, but it served to show the jump in today's build quality from, say, a '72 Winnebago.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I've seen a few 'less mainstream' simulators popping up for the Mac lately, so maybe there is one of these. I've seen a tractor simulator, a bus driving simulator and a long-distance lorry driving simulator, so why not this?

It doesn't appeal to me, but different strokes for different folks. :)

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Just rent the Robin Williams movie RV. Or the TV series Trailer Park Boys.

Most folks who live in an RV have it permanently moored in a Trailer Park.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Uh...I'm living in an RV but I have a truck, so going to the store and such is no different than if I lived in a foundation based house.

Remember, there are three styles of RV:

Class A - Large, self-contained. Think 'bus'.
Class C - Basically, a small house permanently attached to a large pickup truck, with a bed over the cabin.
Trailer - Size varies, no powertrain or cabin. Requires towing by another vehicle.

Enjoy.

fleabite

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Remember, there are three styles of RV:

Class A - Large, self-contained. Think 'bus'.
Class C - Basically, a small house permanently attached to a large pickup truck, with a bed over the cabin.
Trailer - Size varies, no powertrain or cabin. Requires towing by another vehicle.

Enjoy.

You forgot Class B - think suped-up conversion van. I think of having one of these someday for cross country trips. Nimble enough to take to the store, that's for sure. To small for someone to live out of full time unless you have meager needs, though.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
You forgot Class B - think suped-up conversion van. I think of having one of these someday for cross country trips. Nimble enough to take to the store, that's for sure. To small for someone to live out of full time unless you have meager needs, though.

Now I know my A-C's, wait. Right, the B.

You're right, I've seen a nice Class B by Mercedes at my local Camping World. Pretty cramped for everyday living, but definitely a good place to sleep and small enough to putt around town (or country).

Cheers!

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Yeah, the Winnebago Era is a Class B; it's based on a Mercedes Sprinter commercial van chassis, and the resemblance to the Sprinter van is uncanny. Looks nice and probably handles easier than a Class A, but the bathroom is tiny, even for an RV.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Only real men can drive a bus for 12 hours straight.

Then you'd better hire one of those "real men" to drive the behemoth pictured below. I found this pic during a GIS search earlier in this thread. It's like a Class A, Class C and a trailer, all rolled into one...

Attachments

• huge-rv-trailer.jpg
    huge-rv-trailer.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 16,910
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.