Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Latest kit news just in...

_61447672_61448329.jpg

Looks like EBJT has opted for a grey suit and pink tie combo.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Today in Arsenal Feeder Club News; rumour is Barca want to add The Verminator to their squad.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
There are ramblings that Rogers is set to sign Dempsey before the end of the week.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Rodgers -> one exciting signing this week. I can see Lord Blackadder fainting if it's Dempsey. :) Bad news for Neutron Heath.;)

Other transfer news; Park leaves Old Trafford - a fine servant. Sad, but expected. :( '...on as sub or from the start, breaking Arsene Wenger's heart.' When do QPR play Arsenal?

Off to night school - 'Exaggerated Sarcasm For Beginners'.

Cheers,
OW

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Rodgers -> one exciting signing this week. I can see Lord Blackadder fainting if it's Dempsey. :)

I'm really conflicted - I want to to see Dempsey succeed, but I fear that moving 'up' from Fulham may be one move too far. He's a quality player, and an automatic starter for Fulham.

Other transfer news; Park leaves Old Trafford - a fine servant. Sad, but expected. :(

It's rather appropriate that Park and Kuyt both exit at the same time, they performed similar roles.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
He's been debated on LFC forums for some time now. I know little other than he is a prospect Rogers has worked with. It's a logical move in many ways, but I can only wait and watch.

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
Steffen Freund, former Spurs player and German Nationalteam coach in various youth teams, becomes Villas Boras' new assistant coach with the Spurs. He led the U17 German Nationalteam to a 3rd place after a stunning victory against Brazil in the game for 3rd place at the U17 WC last year.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
There are increasing rumblings that Rogers is considering sending Andy Carroll out on loan. I'm not sure how FSG feel about Carroll, but I think that if he doesn't fit Rogers' system we must be prepared to swallow the financial loss and loan him out or sell him, however much it hurts Henry's wallet. Buying him was a bold, calculated risk; so far it has not paid off, though he is still young.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I'm really conflicted - I want to to see Dempsey succeed, but I fear that moving 'up' from Fulham may be one move too far. He's a quality player, and an automatic starter for Fulham.

i think that he'll start for 'Pool.

playing with a higher caliber team you'll see even more from him. ;)

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
i think that he'll start for 'Pool.

playing with a higher caliber team you'll see even more from him. ;)

I think he'd definitely be good enough to start. But at his age Liverpool would be lucky to get 3-4 seasons out of him, and we already have a number of players of his age on the books. I think FSG are looking to avoid signing players in their late 20s.

Though, the USA connection could be a factor. There are a few rumors knocking around that LA might be thinking about letting Landon Donovan go in order to free up a DP spot; I like the idea of Donovan at Everton and Dempsey at Liverpool. :D

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
There are increasing rumblings that Rogers is considering sending Andy Carroll out on loan. I'm not sure how FSG feel about Carroll, but I think that if he doesn't fit Rogers' system we must be prepared to swallow the financial loss and loan him out or sell him, however much it hurts Henry's wallet. Buying him was a bold, calculated risk; so far it has not paid off, though he is still young.

I wouldn't be too opposed to NUFC bringing him back to the Northeast. If they can get him for a really low price. I was so mad when the Magpies sold Andy. He'd been so key to us bouncing back to the Prem, but even then I didn't think he was worth £35m. His transfer fee has helped buy some solid talent though.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
well at least it's a rumor:

the most weird transfer, full stop is Lucas Barrios from Dortmund: 2 times champion in germany, and german cup (2 seasons ago he was even their best striker) and then goes into the chinese league...

and he is 27 ... so age wise he is at his prime ... :confused:

that and paolo guerrero now plays for sao paulo, figured at 28, he might as well end his career in Brazil

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
well at least it's a rumor:

the most weird transfer, full stop is Lucas Barrios from Dortmund: 2 times champion in germany, and german cup (2 seasons ago he was even their best striker) and then goes into the chinese league...

Chinese teams are starting to offer huge wages, so we're seeing an exodus in that direction these days. I'm not sure it's sustainable though.

Last edited:

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
New Everton home shirt was revealed today. Dont know how I feel about the white cuff on the sleeves.

everton-home-shirt-2012-2013.jpg

Also saw that the NY Cosmo's are going to be starting again next year playing in NASL. In my opinion let it go already.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Just saw this on the BBC news.

Liverpool have agreed a fee with Roma for striker Fabio Borini and the player has arrived on Merseyside to undergo a medical and discuss personal terms, according to the Press Association.

Looks like FB is Anfield bound. :D

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
New Everton home shirt was revealed today. Dont know how I feel about the white cuff on the sleeves.
Unfortunately for Everton it looks like they've been given a bog-standard teamwear template by Nike, the Laser I think it is.

A shame, as Everton's shirt last season by Le Coq Sportif was rather lovely.

Also saw that the NY Cosmo's are going to be starting again next year playing in NASL. In my opinion let it go already.
They've been around for a year or two now in their new form, albeit as a 'brand' and occasional challenge side playing friendlies. Mrs Cake bought me one of their shirts for Christmas, it's quite splendid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.