Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad Smart Case vs Invision® New iPad 3 Case

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

throys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
London
I have just ordered my new iPad and been looking for a good and sleek case like the apple ones but with great value. After much research I am now left with these two.

Is anyone here can offer thier experiences with both of these.

Apple iPad Smart Case
http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD455ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU2Mjc

Invision® New iPad 3 Case
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Invision®-N...TF8&colid=16SRX3XFKU6GP&coliid=I1M82I5474XWP4

----------

I have search google and surprisingly there is no reviews or comparisons for both of these.

-TYLER

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Just going to let you know you might not like the smart case, it is very cheap feeling and uncomfortable in the hands.

I would recommend a smart cover and then a back case for your iPad. You can get genuine apple smart covers on eBay for cheaper prices than through apple, because they are open box items.

throys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
London
Just going to let you know you might not like the smart case, it is very cheap feeling and uncomfortable in the hands.

I would recommend a smart cover and then a back case for your iPad. You can get genuine apple smart covers on eBay for cheaper prices than through apple, because they are open box items.

Ok mate thanks.:) I think I will go for the invision one and give it a go first, the reviews have been excellent without any faults

king2001

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2012
Been looking at the invision case myself, as there are plenty of good reviews on Amazon.

From the looks of it, the case is very similar to those of invellop and jisoncase, and there is a review of the invellop version on metagamers.

Hope that helps!

throys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
London
Been looking at the invision case myself, as there are plenty of good reviews on Amazon.

From the looks of it, the case is very similar to those of invellop and jisoncase, and there is a review of the invellop version on metagamers.

Hope that helps!

seems good but some negative feedbacks comparing with invision. I'm going to order the white invision smart case as it seems flawed with the new white iPad.:)

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
Hey guys I'm using the invision smart can in orange/tan and after numerous smart covers and smart case this is the cover for me. I love it being so slim and trim. I especially love the way your iPad clips into it and doesn't have surrounding casing round the iPad too edge. I stuck one of the apple logos on the back the one you get with your iPad and it looks great IMO. I love it. Got it off invision on eBay for £10 which is an absolute bargain!

7551064184_d816eacb04_b.jpg

throys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
London
Hey guys I'm using the invision smart can in orange/tan and after numerous smart covers and smart case this is the cover for me. I love it being so slim and trim. I especially love the way your iPad clips into it and doesn't have surrounding casing round the iPad too edge. I stuck one of the apple logos on the back the one you get with your iPad and it looks great IMO. I love it. Got it off invision on eBay for £10 which is an absolute bargain!

How is the magnet on this case mate and the auto/sleep wake function does it work well

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
How is the magnet on this case mate and the auto/sleep wake function does it work well

PERFECT

I did read before I bought one that it didn't work etc etc. but it's perfect. You can also hold the iPad upside down and the flap stays shut. It's very good quality tbh and apart from the non smell, you can't tell it's not real leather

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
It's a little less orange tbh and more tan in real like but the pics doesn't capture the colour too well. I think value for money wise it's the best ase out there. It's the same size has a leather smart cover and a hard slim back tbh. Prob weighs slightly more

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
I fancy a red one now so if anyone wants to make me an offer I might sell you mine. Literaaly had it a week as new

Pm me

throys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
London
I ended up getting the apple iPad smart cover with a kolay HD clear snap gel back cover. and i really love it doesnt hide my beautiful ipad design.:D

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Which is better? Ive heard the Apple one is flimsy.

I really like my apple smart case no complaints here, however BUYER BEWARE they are a hit and miss. I went to the apple store with my ipad so that I can try a few cases in the event the first didn't work out, left satisfied and happy with a perfect fitting case.

I had the invelope case and smart cover first, both were very nice and good quality. Smart cover marred my ipad though. I loved the invelope but it started to weaken or get saggy. You know, the triangle that you form out of the cover it started to weaken as if the material between the magnets were begaining to stretch or something...Its what led me to try out the smart case..
I haven't heard anyone else with this issue so it may not matter. It will be my next case again though.

PeteJames

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2010
England
Any thoughts on this versus the Jammy lizard of the 6.99 ebay ones? The all look decent enough to me. Does this one fit the ipad 4 perfectly?

mrdee0

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
I have had my invision case for about ten months now. I am a light user and when it does go out it travels in a padded bag.

The main problem with this case is that the rubber coating around the edge of the cover flap starts to peel. You end up having to peel it away otherwise it looks unsightly. This then exposes the edges and bits of material which after a few more months will make it looks crap.

Another issue is that the cover doesn't stay properly flat over the screen. It kind lifts up little where the folds are-its flimsy. This means it can sometimes turn the screen on if its being kept in a bag. Slight move makes that fold open up which slides the flap a little and the ipad comes on.

So I think I will be getting another case.

Hope that helps purchasers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.