Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

foodanddrink.jpg

A few weeks ago, MacStories noted that Apple had told developers that a new Food & Drink category was coming to the App Store.
"In the next few weeks", applications will be automatically migrated to the new category; currently, the App Store doesn't provide a specific category for these types of apps, which have been typically listed under Lifestyle by their developers. According to Apple, the new category will include "apps that help users cook and bake, mix drinks, manage recipes, find new restaurants and bars, and learn what their friends like to eat and drink". Food & Drink won't include diet, grocery shopping, coupon clipping, or food-related game apps.
The new category is now live in the App Store [Link] and features over 2800 Paid and 4000 Free apps in the iPhone section and over 1200 Paid and 1000 Free apps in the iPad section. Apple has been contacting developers with relevant Food & Drink apps over the past few weeks to prepare for the new category.

Article Link: Apple Launches New 'Food & Drink' Category on App Store

jcpb

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
Now if only instant food delivery were a thing...
I'd so download that app

Chuck Norris owns neither microwave nor oven. When he is hungry, he simply shouts "BAKE" to his food, and out of fear, the food instantly catches on fire.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Tons of larger and some local chains have iOS and android apps that you can use to place an order, and even pay with, and add a tip for the driver.

Kinda cool they have their own section now.

Chrisg2014

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
USA
Just got the Krispi Kream app. NOW I KNEW WHEN THERE ARE HOT DOUGHNUTS SIGN IS ON!!! Score one for the boys back home!

k2director

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2006
If I'm an English speaking user using the North American store, why do I constantly have to see apps in Asian languages? It's one of the many many annoying traits of Apple's vaunted App Store.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
yikes, my dirty sex folder is going to cause a real problem ...
But it's going to be great for the rest of us!

I sat at a Mac II ci terminal at a (HMC) university in ~1992-4 and asked my fellow terminal junkies why I could not use the internet to order pizza.

They brought to my attention there was nobody on the other side of the line.

As a land line user at the time I totally got it. If I only knew then what the internet would become . . .

Rocketman

Last edited:

NYR99

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
I usually hate when people say, "This is front page news?!", but I think this is definitely not front page worthy.

devilbond

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2010
If I'm an English speaking user using the North American store, why do I constantly have to see apps in Asian languages? It's one of the many many annoying traits of Apple's vaunted App Store.

Pretty sure there are Asian people in North America too, so...

If you could filter App Store results based on a default language preference that might be cool, but if so, I'd prefer that feature to be optional as I regularly search for Japanese and Korean apps, even though I am a native English speaking Australian.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.